What is it about Princess do you like?

pinkie1

Like Mud Shark, my wife and I have only cruised on Princess. We loved our first cruise with them and were hooked. We are quite happy with pretty much everything about Princess although, unlike the majority of people here on cc, we have found the pizza on Lido deck to be "bleh". We have only cruised five times so far but have number six booked and are starting to plan for an Alaska Cruisetour next year - on Princess, of course.

Princess seems to fit us and they do sail out of SF which is a huge plus for us. We hope to be able to continue cruising with Princess for many years.

Edited by Thrak

Only been on one Princess cruise...booking Alaska on them for 2016!!!!

Loved the beautiful ship experience, just classy and it not being an amusement park or anything else. Loved the IC.....and this is silly but we loved the open closets!!! Wish all cruiselines would do that!

I like that everybody is in bed by 10:00 PM and people in their 30's are the youngest.

*Less passengers per square feet (or so it seems on the 3 classes we have sailed)

*Repeat passenger perks & FCC/OBC

*Customer service

*Food choices

*Rest & relaxation (empty nesters who rather enjoy peaceful times without young children while on vacation)

*Mini-suites or full suites with nice sized balconies & room to spread out.

I would agree with the above statements. Of the lines I've sailed, Princess has the best balance of things I appreciate, like:

*Itineraries are places I want to go

*Ports of embarkation are extremely convenient to me

*No advertising to families with children, and for most of the intineraries I care about there are few if any children

*Ship atmosphere is relaxing and not frenetic or full of forced activities - the crowd knows how to entertain themselves without the crew harrassing everyone into stupid activities to fill time

*Actual quiet areas on the ship

*Adults-only facilities that are truly adults-only

*Average age of fellow passengers is high enough to be sedate without being on a floating funeral home

*Much fewer loud drunkards (especially compared to Carnival - NEVER. AGAIN.)

*Dining options let us avoid being forced to sit with attention whores

Edited by furb

What do you like about Princess? Is there anything unique about Princess that the other lines don't do well?

Our first cruise was on Disney 5 night Bahamas. We felt that we didn't have enough time to enjoy everything. We got off the ship feeling like we would not ever find that kind of service, food and atmosphere again.

Our second cruise after much investigating on line was with Princess on the Golden. 14 day round trip - LA to Hawaii. That was exactly what the Dr. ordered as far as we were concerned. It was so relaxing and fun! Not a lot of children and we were probably on the younger end of the passengers (ages 55 +).

Food, service, itinerary, atmosphere, entertainment all good to fantastic!

Because of how we felt after that cruise, we bought stock knowing it was a good idea because we were their customers from now on. SOLD!

So what is the difference between Disney and Princess? First Disney is limited on their ships and itineraries. They also were a bit more costly per day. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the Disney cruise! :)

Princess, I feel, suites us better. It feels like being home but going on an adventure at the same time. Its comfortable and they go places I want to go, when I want to go & at a price I want to go.:D

No. 1: The coffee card. Haven't seen any other cruise line that has anything similar.

No. 2: I've never bought the alcohol package, but I like that I could get it myself without my wife getting it. Most lines insist you get the package for each adult in the cabin (I think), but my wife doesn't drink and doesn't want it.

No. 3: The loyalty program has decent benefits for people who've taken just a few cruises.

Jim