UDP--Which restaurants are included?

sailor05

We are thinking about the Getaway this June and will definitely take advantage of the UBP for ourselves but the other couple that is going with us don't drink much so they will choose the UDP so I'm thinking we will just purchase that as well. But I can't find anywhere what restaurants are included? There are dinner shows that seem to be quite a bit more upcharge so are those included or at least discounted for those with UDP?

Thanks!

I am not sure they know the definition of the word "no" or "all".

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro.

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro.

That in no way responds to the question.

.??? They asked about restaurants and you're talking about menu items.???

??? The only exclusion to the UDP maybe the "THE CHEF'S TABLE" in a corner

in the MDR - someone have experience with this ?

The Chef's Table is not included in the UDP, but it is not the only exclusion. There are several food/dining options offered on board for an extra charge that are not included in the UDP ($5 pizza delivery, snacks in the mini bar, food from the gift shop, Jazz Brunch, Cake Boss pastries, etc.)

??? The only exclusion to the UDP maybe the "THE CHEF'S TABLE" in a corner in the MDR - someone have experience with this ?

The Chef's Table is not included in the UDP' date=' but it is not the only exclusion. There are several food/dining options offered on board for an extra charge that are not included in the UDP ($5 pizza delivery, snacks in the mini bar, food from the gift shop, Jazz Brunch, Cake Boss pastries, etc.)[/quote']

Not to mention all à la carte evening dining options like Sushi, Noodle Bar, Ocean Blu and entertainment based dining like Jungle Fantasy etc.

Not so ultimate when you look at the list.

From my quick rounding math, you pretty much have to hit a specialty restaurant a day to break evenish, more than one to be ahead.

Also, for the person who complained I was talking about menu items when someone was asking about restaurants...it is entirely relevant...I am sure quite a few folks have been surprised when they thought they were eating free and clear and got a bill at the end of the meal/cruise.

The list of things NOT included is longer than the list of things that are.

From my quick rounding math, you pretty much have to hit a specialty restaurant a day to break evenish, more than one to be ahead.

The reason for the package is not to benefit the passenger but the cruise line. Of course you would need to visit a (higher priced) speciality restaurant every night to benefit from the package, it's exactly the same as with the beverage package - many people do not benefit from it but it makes life and bottom line better for the cruise line.

The UDP costs at most $20/day, and it goes down to less than $10/day on longer cruises. You only need to eat at a specialty restaurant every other day or even every third day on longer cruises to come out ahead. And it's not like specialty dining is some kind of unpleasant ordeal. Some people even seem to enjoy it.