Formal nights on summit bermuda

sullyd

How many and what nights?
There are two formal nights, and I can't remember exactly when they are. My best recollection is the second night and perhaps the second to last night on board. I think I'm correct, but someone with definite knowledge may post later on. That would translate to the first full day at sea and the day you will leave Bermuda.

yes. Formal nights are second day (monday) and day we leave bermuda (friday)

dress up if dining in main dining room or go smart causal for all the other venues and have fun. What dates are you sailing?

5/17

There are 2 formal nights both while we are at sea. The formal attire that I saw last year on that cruise was not really formal. Dress up. Women mostly wearing dark pants with nice blouses or a simple dress. Men wore slacks with collared shirts. Most wore tie and jacket. Very few gowns, long dresses, and tuxedos. I did see some men in jeans with jackets. They probably went an Ivy League school and were used to the dining rules. Some were without ties and jackets. Celebrity let them in the MDR. Specialty restaurants are popular on formal night. They never go formal. Nor does BLU. Not sure what will be the attire for the new suite dining room. Each time I cruise, there are fewer people really dressing formally. I used to bring real formal attire. Now I don't. Relax.

Probably Specialty restaurants get crowded on Formal Nights because less and less cruisers want to dress up that much. I told my wife I was going to wear a Tux, and she said she would prefer not to dress up that much. Oh well, guess I will have to match her dress mode of smart casual.

As others have said, formal night isn't as formal as it used to be and Bermuda seemed to me to be amongst the least tuxed up.

Collared shirt and jacket maybe a tie is fine and as others stated smart casual always in Blu (my venue of choice) and the specially restaurants. The buffet is casual.

Lucky everyone on this may 17ths sailing, which is apparently going to the best one of the cruise line's Bermuda season! :p