Any Recent Reviews of St. Kitt's Catamaran Sail & Nevis Beach Getaway?

Looking at this excursion for a summer cruise on the Adventure. The most recent review on the RCL site was not good, but older ones were positive. Anyone have any recent experience with this excursion and can share their thoughts?

Did this tour on the 2/2 Quantum Cruise and we enjoyed immensely. You must love to sail as the round trip to Nevis is 3 hours and a bit choppy. There were 2 catamarans involved and each held about 25+ people. All of the Carib beer and rum drinks you can handle. Barbecue on a shaded spot on Nevis consisted of chicken and hot dogs and salads. The chicken was pretty good and the bun for the hot dog was a bit too large. Again, all of the Carib beer and rum drinks. You get to spend approximately 45 minutes of beach time before round trip.

Looking at this excursion for a summer cruise on the Adventure. The most recent review on the RCL site was not good, but older ones were positive. Anyone have any recent experience with this excursion and can share their thoughts?

I went on it 2 weeks ago. It was ok. I didn't feel like it was worth the $100 though. Maybe because I'm comparing it to Calabaza in Barbados, which was only $10 more and that was WAY BETTER.

You were basically brought to a small beach and hung around there for an hour maximum.

I suggest checking out trip advisor. Search "St Kitts" and then look through "activities" and you'll find lots of good information about various catamaran tours, beaches, etc. And that will give you a good idea of whether people like taking the tours, where the tours visit and what people think about the island in general. I know you may be looking at doing an excursion through the ship, but the tours all seem to be similar enough to get a feel for them through trip advisor. I do think, however, that the general consensus is people prefer excursions that are booked on their own and don't enjoy the ship excursions as much. The reason for this seems to be because ship excursions are crowded and packed with people and there is little room for individualizing the tour, so if you don't like how long it is or the beach it takes you to etc, too bad. But non-ship excursions are more personal and the tour operators rely so heavily on word of mouth referrals (trip advisor) that they work really hard to make people happy. Ship excursions know they have a guaranteed customer, so they don't really care if people like it or not, they know the same Ship is comig back next week with a giant group of new guaranteed customers.

Anyhow-I'm taking this cruise in August and have gotten lots of good advice from trip advisor. You can also get a lot of advice and recommendations from the port specific forums on cruise critic.

I guess I need to go back and add my review. If you look at my profile, find threads started by me and find my trip report for Jewel 2014 which I posted in May of last year you will find I did this excursion and enjoyed it very much. Thanks for the reminder, I will add review to the site.

Did this tour on the 2/2 Quantum Cruise and we enjoyed immensely. You must love to sail as the round trip to Nevis is 3 hours and a bit choppy. There were 2 catamarans involved and each held about 25+ people. All of the Carib beer and rum drinks you can handle. Barbecue on a shaded spot on Nevis consisted of chicken and hot dogs and salads. The chicken was pretty good and the bun for the hot dog was a bit too large. Again, all of the Carib beer and rum drinks. You get to spend approximately 45 minutes of beach time before round trip.

That describes it pretty well. I was going to post a picture here, but my web hosting service seems to be having rare problems at the moment. Maybe later.