American Table to be Rolled Out Fleetwide by the End of the Year

falkcor

We had the American Table on the Liberty. I loved the Liberty and enjoyed the cruise very much.

I did not like the new menu as much as the old one.

I missed the cold fruit soups.

I missed the numerous, different salads.

I missed the lack of choice in appetizers some nights.

I am very happy the Old Menus are still on the Sunshine. Sorry the magic is changing.

We sailed on Princess Regal this past March. They had, un announced, gone to a Caribbean Immersion Menu. the food was uneatable. Over salted. over spiced. It was pork. pork. and more pork. Red Bean. Black Beans. Rice. a hundred different variations of that.

We had ATD. NEVER had to wait. Empty tables everywhere. The night the star entrée was Spiced Goat curry....we fled. Ate in the Buffet, which was very large and good every night from then on. Breakfast was fine. Lunch was fine.

But I am not booking Princess until they change the menu. Really bad. And I love Princess.

Edited by AmberTeka

interesting comment from john heald this morning:

"Just a quick update on our new and now very popular American Table menus. This year we will now add the menus to just two more ships. The Carnival Magic starts on 07/19/15 and Carnival Triumph on 08/10/15.

cheers"

source:

as of the time of writing this, the carnival faq lists the following ships as currently having the american table / feast menu:

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Glory

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Liberty

source: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1107/kw/american%20table

i kinda wonder what is behind this reversal... the menu is something they control entirely, and to have said it'd roll out fleet wide earlier this year, to now put it on hold again... it will have been about 2 years by the time they implement their new menu across all the ships?

Inspiration and imagination had the same menus they've had for years. I was hoping to have a few of the new items listed when John wrote about them earlier this year.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Just got back from a cruise on the Glory. I am NOT a fan of the new American Table menu. Several nights there was nothing we really wanted for an entre. I did like the port specific items, that is a good idea. But, the thing that I really didn't like was no Bitter N Blanc. The waiter explained that they had lots of "new and better" desserts. But, after asking for a special order they did make Bitter N Blanc for our table. Hopefully, if others ask for it enough they will have it back on the menu soon.

I do agree, there were a few nights that the entree choices were not very interesting. While appetizers seemed strong every night.

I am surprised abut the Bitter N Blanc. We had it on our cruise at the end of May. It was an 8 day on the Breeze. Perhaps it only shows up for certain length cruises?

interesting comment from john heald this morning:

"Just a quick update on our new and now very popular American Table menus. This year we will now add the menus to just two more ships. The Carnival Magic starts on 07/19/15 and Carnival Triumph on 08/10/15.

cheers"

source:

as of the time of writing this, the carnival faq lists the following ships as currently having the american table / feast menu:

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Glory

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Liberty

source: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1107/kw/american%20table

i kinda wonder what is behind this reversal... the menu is something they control entirely, and to have said it'd roll out fleet wide earlier this year, to now put it on hold again... it will have been about 2 years by the time they implement their new menu across all the ships?

That is very disappointing. I am on the Splendor in October and was looking forward to the new menus.

For the record, I've experienced both the "old" menus, and the new American Table / Feast menus.