American Table to be Rolled Out Fleetwide by the End of the Year

falkcor

I am cruising on the Dream in April and June. I would really love it if the new menu could be on the Dream for at least the June sailing. I love picking an entree and picking my sides. I prefer to get exactly what I want and not just what comes with the entree or having to order an entire entree just to try the meat. To me, the new menus are perfect for picky eaters like myself.

Do the menus vary from ship to ship or would the same options be on every ship (from the American Table anyway)??

Don't know, but take the Breeze's new menu as the latest and the greatest that will be rolled out to the rest of the ships. Can't wait to try it on the Breeze 4/5/15.

Just did a b2b on The Liberty I and did not care for it. Basically ordered a soup and a double kale caeser salad each night. I did love the kale caeser salad. If my husband ordered an entree, I ate some of his, as we often share an entree anyway.

I have heard mixed opinions about the new menu. I will try it for myself on the Freedom this Saturday!

I didn't think it was on the Freedom yet?

But if so, that will be great.

Can anyone comment on this?

Thank you,

Do the menus vary from ship to ship or would the same options be on every ship (from the American Table anyway)??

In the port selections, that changes depending on itinerary. So differences there. We loved the new menu, but were glad that we weren't part of the first week it was presented. By the time we had it, tweaks had been made and some of the old favorites were back (Bitter 'n Blanc).

There was plenty of variety. I never understood why people said there was nothing to choose from. There's the grill items that include flat iron steak, pork chops, chicken and some kind of fish. DH loved the braised rabbit, frog legs and wished in both cases he had ordered more.

On nights where we couldn't decide, our server brought out the 'not sure of dish' for us to share, in addition to our entrees.

Glad it is being implemented across the fleet.

From John Heald's page - posted yesterday:

The new and improved American Table menu that features many of your requests and lots of new and now extremley popular items can be found on Carnival Liberty, Carnival Glory, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Imagination , Carnival Freedom and Carnival Breeze.

Starting in May we place the menu on other ships and while I do not have specific dates yet I can tell you the order in which the ships will receive them and the next group of vessels will be:

Carnival Magic

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Dream

Carnival Pride

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Sunshine

As I said I do not have specific dates yet but will share them with you as soon as I do have them.

my seven year old is going to love this as much as me.

We have tried to get him to have an open mind and he is not a picky eater.

He was hoping for alligator fritters.

I know we will both love trying the rabbit and frogs legs.

SO excited for these changes.

And wellington....awesome

The new and improved American Table menu that features many of your requests and lots of new and now extremley popular items can be found on Carnival Liberty, Carnival Glory, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Imagination , Carnival Freedom and Carnival Breeze.

Starting in May we place the menu on other ships and while I do not have specific dates yet I can tell you the order in which the ships will receive them and the next group of vessels will be:

Carnival Magic

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Dream

Carnival Pride

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Sunshine

As I said I do not have specific dates yet but will share them with you as soon as I do have them.

Looks like it will be a close call as to whether the Dream will have the new menu by my June 21st sailing. He said this starts in May and Dream is listed 3rd but who knows how long it may take between ships. They may do 2-3 at a time or only one a month. Who knows!

Edited by BigB0882

• 1 month later...

Carnival Magic

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Dream

Carnival Pride

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Sunshine

Does anyone know if there have been further official updates since this?

I'm especially interested to know the rollout date for the new menus on the Splendor! :D

We are sailing in October, and really hoping that the new menu will be on the ship by then!

Does anyone know if there have been further official updates since this?

I'm especially interested to know the rollout date for the new menus on the Splendor! :D

We are sailing in October, and really hoping that the new menu will be on the ship by then!

Nothing has been released yet. If you have a facebook you can ask him on his next question and answer session.

I am so hoping the new menus will be on Dream by July 1. I have had them on Liberty and absolutely loved them. I thought the veal Parmesan was really good and I also liked the Beef Wellington.

Service in ATD was a bit slow, but I think that's how things are with ATD. I liked being able to get mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli nightly. I know there were a lot of complaints with the original menus, but I thought a lot o old favs were there as well as a few new ones.

Either way I know I will enjoy my time in the MDR, not restaurant, lol.

Here are the dates when the next wave of ships will be getting the American Table menus. This was posted on John Heald's Facebook page on March 17:

Carnival Magic - 5/31/2015

Carnival Triumph - 6/20/2015

Carnival Dream - 7/19/2015

Carnival Pride - 8/9/2015

Carnival Conquest - 8/31/2015

Carnival Splendor - 9/20/2015

Carnival Miracle- 10/10/2015

Carnival Sunshine - 10/31/2015

Here are the dates when the next wave of ships will be getting the American Table menus. This was posted on John Heald's Facebook page on March 17:

Carnival Magic - 5/31/2015

Carnival Triumph - 6/20/2015

Carnival Dream - 7/19/2015

Carnival Pride - 8/9/2015

Carnival Conquest - 8/31/2015

Carnival Splendor - 9/20/2015

Carnival Miracle- 10/10/2015

Carnival Sunshine - 10/31/2015

Hmm....I was still thinking that it could be rolled out on the Victory - after her dry dock that was just completed. Seemed to me that would be a good time to have made the change - but does not seem to be the case! :cool:

Edited by happy cruzin