Royal Caribbean Signature VISA Card...Your Experiences?

DH & I each have a card. I THINK when we got the card we each got 15,000 points, but I'm not 100% sure. :confused:

We are going on our second "free" cruise in a few weeks. :D

Helping 4 kids pay for college will quickly rack up the points. :eek:

The only change I didn't like was not being able to combine points. For our first free cruise, DH & I each cashed in points for certificates, then we combined the certificates to reach 125,000 points for the free cruise. Then we paid the upcharge for a balcony.

This time I wasn't able to do that, and thought we'd be waiting a while longer to cruise. BUT I was able to cash in 100,000 points and put the credit towards the discount price of a D3 balcony. Total cost...$32 plus port fees & taxes. To ME...a MUCH better deal that the 125,000 points for an OV.

We also cashed in the rest of our points for OBC.

As you have figured out....there are ways to use the Royal card and make it work for you. Now that you can redeem points to be used even when booking a BOGOHO pricing...it has worked for us as well.

I did not know that you EVER could combine points on two separate accounts....for us it would not matter, DH and I use the same account all the time.

I have the BofA Royal credit card.....it is sufficient....I could have other credit cards; I don't want a card that has ANY annual fees and I had a difficult time with Capital One years ago, and won't go that route ever again.

So the BofA card works for us.....but I am wondering if the OP is asking about the newer version of the BofA Royal Card, which is called a Signature Card....I had gotten info about it and converting my card to it...but it made no sense to do....so I did not.

Paulette, I'm the OP. I'm not certain which RCI card it is to be frank with you. I'm still reviewing everything, and haven't come to a decision yet about whether I want one or not. There are so many pros/cons on this thread to consider.

I have the BOA Royal Visa.....but only use it to pay Royal/Celebrity charges to get the 2%. My main credit card in the USA is the Starwood Amex (Sheraton brand of hotels). I find that a Starwood point is worth between 3-4 cents each when traveling in hotels. My overseas card is United Visa (no foreign transaction fees). Also have a Disney Visa when staying at the parks.

I've got posted this before in similar threads, but there are WAY more lucrative offers and rewards out there on a dollar per dollar/point to point basis. I'm not sure it's okay to post links to specific blogs here but if you Google something along the lines of 'hot credit card deals', you'll find two very useful websites.

Sure you probably can't use the points specifically towards RCI purchases or OBC, but you'll find much more value in using them in conjunction with your cruise. Free hotel nights, reward nights, flight credits, etc. For instance my IHG card gives me an annual free night that I'm redeeming at a Holiday Inn Express in FLL before our next cruise. That room is currently for sale at $300+ for the night.

Paulette, I'm the OP. I'm not certain which RCI card it is to be frank with you. I'm still reviewing everything, and haven't come to a decision yet about whether I want one or not. There are so many pros/cons on this thread to consider.

Thanks for replying specifically to my query. We have the original BofA Royal Credit Card....it works for us, as I have said. Are their better offers out there, people have chimed in with what they perceive are better ones -- and I agree there are plenty to choose from. We have everything with BofA (and people will also say, how foolish that is), but we do.

It can work for you, if you work within their rules -- gee just like anything else.

BTW, it probably isn't the worst card either....it is was, no one would have it.

I have 'no skin in the game' whether you have a BofA Royal card or not.

Edited by Paulette3028