Xferred from Elation to Conquest -- rates going up, hurry...

Sablerose

We just transferred our cruise from the Elation on 10/30 to the Conquest on 10/30. The itinerary is a little different which I find disappointing specifically because I was looking forward to the pyramids at Chichen Itza, but that's okay. We'll get to Chichen some time.

FYI we were on hold for about 20 minutes, soke to a very nice vacation gal at Carnival and went from a 5a (which we had only paid for a 4a) on the Elation to a 4a guarantee on the Conquest for a total increase of $505.84, and after our $200 S&S credit it worked out to a net increase of $305.

While we were on the phone with the girl, the rate went up $100/pp so she put us on hold and went to customer service to get us the original rate she had quoted us.

I'd recommend trying to get transferred over if you are interested in taking a cruise on the same day as your previous Elation cruise. But I'd start calling now, as the rates are only going to go up from here.

They were very kind and helpful on the phone. Being so close to sail date I didn't figure we were going to have any military discounts available. They are not preserving any discounts or specials from previous sailings. So the sooner you act the better deal you'll get on a transfer.

We just figure the $300 is the extra we'd pay for the newer, bigger ship anyway. We couldn't afford to take the Conquest when she was out of NO because we couldn't afford the airfare and hotel night in NO. So it's all going to work out for us and the folks who really need those other ships are going to be able to have them.

So anyway. Trying to keep our chin up and just saying, act quick before everyone else on your ship catches the news... she said they have been calling people and are going to continue to call everyone, but they're calling in order of sailing.

Good luck, everybody.

What is the ininerary of the Conquest? (carnival.com is slammed)

If it goes to Costa Maya, you should enjoy the ruins offered there. They are small but I found this great from an educational POV. The guided tour was great and on a personal level. Chichen Itza was very crowded in July. Be sure to book early.

Some of these photos are of Chacchooben.

http://home.alltel.net/hyatts1/index.htm

Thanks everyone for your wellwishes! I agree we kind of got shafted too. I'd have thought to make up for the lack of ANY discounts (past cruiser, senior citizen, military) being offered on comparable time-frame cruises they'd have given us a % off or something, because the $200 credit (for both, $100/ea) didn't come anywhere near paying for the difference in the cruise... but it's okay, we were lucky we had the money available to be able to do it.

Tater, the itinerary is Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Since our Elation cruise had already planned a Cozumel day we've worked out what we wanted to do for that day. We were originally going to Progreso, Cozumel and Belize - I was going to see Chichen in November, which I thought would be great. I just have to keep hoping that they don't close the Kulkulkan pyramid to foot traffic any time in the next few years so we can make it there.

As for now, I'm just grateful to be going on any cruise, and truly hope our vacation will be "new and improved" just like Corina said!

Thanks all, and good luck to everyone else!

...I just have to keep hoping that they don't close the Kulkulkan pyramid to foot traffic any time in the next few years so we can make it there.

As for now, I'm just grateful to be going on any cruise, and truly hope our vacation will be "new and improved" just like Corina said!

Thanks all, and good luck to everyone else!

I wouldn't worry about the pyramid. It has been reported that it will be closed "next year" for a few years now. The pyramid is the big draw and will be repaired as needed.

We too are grateful for a cruise. We gave Terri's mother this cruise for Christmas last year. Needless to say panic had set in. Terri scrambled yesterday to make reservations on the Celebration. I had Tulum planned. Tulum has stood many years and should wait.

Welcome to the Conquest Sable Rose!! We have a roll call at 'Conquest 10/30/05', but so far it hasn't been very active. Hope you'll join us!!

I spent all day yesterday online rebooking our airfare to Houston Hobby instead of NO.....and thankfully even though the tickets were more than double the cost of our tickets to NO, Delta reissued with the changes with no charges at all. And after researching all the hotels I have our hotels pre and post cruise booked. Found a great limousine service to pick us up at the airport and drive us to Galveston in a private car, for almost the same price that Carnival wanted to charge us to wait in line and ride in a shuttle bus with 45 or so other people. Then they will pick us up at the ship when we return and take us back to Houston. Though I really was looking forward to spending time in the French Quarter, we have now shifted our excitement to Galveston.

Once again, welcome to the Conquest and I look forward to seeing you on our roll call.

Your airfare doubled to HOU? Wow. There was only a $51. difference but the airline did charge me a change fee because the flights are after 10/31. That's the cutoff date they are using for feeless changes in New Orleans. I guess they expect everything to be back to normal before then (no comment).

Good for you Sablerose! Have a wonderful time! You still have time to investigate your ports. (We learned of our itinerary change late Friday night before our departure on Sunday. We were in a very small town in Texas on the way to Galvaston and the hotel we were staying in had complementary internet access. We suspected Hurricane Emily would change our plans, but we weren't sure what CCL would do) I know you will have a great time plus, you can do what we plan to do.....book the Elation another time to get your original itinerary! :D

cruise pup: Yep....actually MORE than double. Our original tickets from rdu to msy were $169.41.......the new tickets from rdu to hou would have been $363.00.....but thankfully our flight originates 10/29 so we are just within their cutoff, so not only did theyat not charge a change fee, but as long as we were departing and arriving on the same date and our departure is from the same airport, they just reissued the ticket with the changes and no additional charges. THANK YOU DELTA!!!!

cruise pup: Yep....actually MORE than double. Our original tickets from rdu to msy were $169.41.......the new tickets from rdu to hou would have been $363.00.....but thankfully our flight originates 10/29 so we are just within their cutoff, so not only did theyat not charge a change fee, but as long as we were departing and arriving on the same date and our departure is from the same airport, they just reissued the ticket with the changes and no additional charges. THANK YOU DELTA!!!!

And with the $50.00 pp onboard credit from Carnival you really made out well. Congratulations.

We were able to rebook our Christmas cruise for about $760 and change thru our TA. But I thought that it was a $100 credit per person--that would only be an extra $260 for my group of 5

People already booked on the Conquest out of NOLA get $50.00 pp. People on cancelled cruises get $100.00 pp.

Archived