Holiday Sailings and Specialty Restaurants

Algebralovr

Would those of you who have been on the 7 night holiday sailings please let me know about your experience in specialty restaurants. Specifically, how busy were they and did they offer discounts?

We plan to be on board for the New Year's cruise on Silhouette, leaving Dec 27 and there will be 8 or 9 of us. DH and I want to try Qzine, and plan to take the then 20 yr old DS with us to make it possible to sample more dishes. He and his buddy should make it worthwhile. :) DD probably will not want to go, although we will ask. Since we'll be paying for at least 4 people, a discount would be nice if available.

DH also want to eat one evening at the Lawn Club Grill, celebrating our 24th anniversary. We may or may not offer to bring the family.

We don't have any interest in Murano, so we weren't interested in buying a package. Sadly, they don't sell a 3 - dinner package for Silhouette. If they did, we'd just buy it!

I look forward to hearing of experiences some of you had.

While not exactly answering your question, this was our experience:

We did a 7 night on Reflection, non holiday and ate at specialty restaurants 4 nights with the minimum discount being 30%, usually 50%.

We did a 14 night over Christmas and NYE this past 2014 and there was not 1 discount to be had. We must have asked at least 9 or 10 times and each time, nope, no discounts. And this was a 14 night cruise.

I'm thinking your best bet might be that first night 20% discount.

I find it kind of sad that they have increased their prices so high at these restaurants that we simply do not find it good value. So we ate in the MDR for 14 nights. We could live with that!:D

Good luck!

We have found that on both the Xmas and the New Years cruise, reservations for speciality dining are booked well in advance, making last minute choices difficult to get at times. Lawn club is our favorite! Enjoy.

Thanks for the help. I tried to book today, and the stupid person on the phone tried to tell me I couldn't book into 2016 yet. I'll try again on Monday during the day. My issue is that I need a table for 8 one night. My other issue is that we will be changing at least one name before the sailing. I'll call on Monday though.