Suite or Balcony Room

lllrh

Good Morning

I'm planning my family's first cruise. I'm not sure what room I should get. We are a family of 4 both. I have a 10 and 5 year old. The difference in price is $1000 dollars. I'm willing to pay extra if it's really going to make a difference. We are going to the Mexican Rivera for 7 nights with Carnival Miracle. Should I get a room mid ship? Which floor? Thank you

many times TWO cabins are cheaper than one suite large enough to accomodate a family comfortably. and you WANT the two barthrooms

either connecting(interior door ), adjoining( next door to each otrher but no internal connection) or a Balcony for the parents and an inside across the hall for the kids.

understand that a standard ship cabin is half the size of a hotel room

A cabin on that ship is 185 sq. ft...measure it out, and see how big (or small) that is...the space includes the bathroom and furniture!

It will be tight, but doable. Check the price for 2 connecting (not adjoining) cabins....there is a door to connect the 2 rooms for immediate access to the kids!

With kids that young, 1 bathroom won't be too bad...they don't spend hours in there, like teens would!

Edited by cb at sea

We had three adults and a 2 year old on our last cruise... And opted for a suite... Not a whole lot of extra room... But plenty for us, and we were onboard for 21 days!!!

If your kids like a bath in an actual tub, the suites offer this... ;)

Unless you can book two connecting cabins, that is two rooms next to each other with an inside door that opens between the two rooms, or unless you plan on sleeping separate from your spouse, I dont think separate cabins for kids as young as yours is a good idea. Anyone with a master key can get into a cabin. Your kids could get out of the cabin at any time and wander off. With the age of your kids, one cabin would work ok.

We had premium balcony 6279 on both our Miracle trips. It's a balcony but not much smaller than a suite. There were 4 of us, though our kids are much younger. But it was perfect, if we go on Miracle we will try for this cabin again.

Thank you for suggesting two rooms. I actually thought that might be more expensive. Do I have to call the carnivale directly to book this? i don't see the option online. Thank you

the smart way to book online is to book one adult and one kid in each cabin. they really do NOT care who sleeps where once on board and it is not big deal to get extra keys made up to open the cabin does.

We cruised twice when our 3 boys were that young. Once on the now defunct Premier (Big Red Boat) and once on Carnival. We had one cabin and it was packed with all 5 of us, but it worked out fine. We had a family cabin with floor to ceiling windows on the Triumph. The boys loved it! Once the boys got older we felt comfortable with two cabins (two bathrooms!).