Faster to Fun

tcronier

Always, our cabin is ready as soon as we board, priority boarding, priority baggage handling, priority disembarkation and priority tendering although some cruises we don't need to tender, but overall definitely worth it. Whats $50 more when you spend 2k plus for the cruise?

There are many threads on this topic. I will save you some search time and tell you that the vast majority of people say it is worth it.

Personally, I am Platinum now, so don't need it anymore. Got it when I wasn't though and still buy it for everyone that cruises with me (in separate cabins, of course) as a gift. This way I know they will pretty much get to stay with me for boarding and will have a little bit of an enhanced cruise experience.

Go for it! All you have to lose is $50. If you don't like it, don't get it next time.

I have purchased FTTF for every cruise that I have sailed on since it came out.

Things I love about FTTF:

1. Early boarding

2. Stateroom ready

3. Luggage in room quickly

4. Not having to lug around carryon's

5. Priority line @ guest services

6. Tender access

Each person should evaluate what is important to them. I don't mind spending 50.00, others balk and find no value in the program.

Anyone use the faster to fun option? Is it worth it?

Plenty of people get it, its always sold out on each cruise

I for one don't think its worth it...

I don't mind boarding 20min later then the FTTF folks

I don't mind sitting my carryon next to me on the lido deck while I eat lunch

and have a drink or two

I don't need to get to my cabin prior to 1:30pm

I don't need to have a special line for guest services as on my 9 cruises I have only been there twice and both times I went at off times so no line.

I don't need to be on the first tender off the ship.

I don't need to have priority on my luggage as long as it gets to my cabin, I am fine.

If you need any of the above, or if not having some of these things will ruin your cruise, buy it... if not, you will be okay without it.

If you care

Plenty of people get it, its always sold out on each cruise

I for one don't think its worth it...

I don't mind boarding 20min later then the FTTF folks

I don't mind sitting my carryon next to me on the lido deck while I eat lunch

and have a drink or two

I don't need to get to my cabin prior to 1:30pm

I don't need to have a special line for guest services as on my 9 cruises I have only been there twice and both times I went at off times so no line.

I don't need to be on the first tender off the ship.

I don't need to have priority on my luggage as long as it gets to my cabin, I am fine.

If you need any of the above, or if not having some of these things will ruin your cruise, buy it... if not, you will be okay without it.

If you care

No one said it would ruin thier cruise if they didn't have it.

My Mom uses a wheelchair and they will board her early, however it is very helpful to be able to go straight to the room and drop off everything we are carrying so we can wheel her around. Helps on tenders too. Some people like to check out the ship after they eat lunch and don't wish to lug around all their carry on with them.

Everyone has to decide whether the value of what is offered is worth it to them. For us it is, for bigdog it obviously isn't.

No one said it would ruin thier cruise if they didn't have it.

My Mom uses a wheelchair and they will board her early, however it is very helpful to be able to go straight to the room and drop off everything we are carrying so we can wheel her around. Helps on tenders too. Some people like to check out the ship after they eat lunch and don't wish to lug around all their carry on with them.

Everyone has to decide whether the value of what is offered is worth it to them. For us it is, for bigdog it obviously isn't.

Where did I say someone said it would ruin their cruise? I said IF it would ruin your cruise not having it you should get it...

We used it the first time we cruised the Dream. It was worth it IMO, BUT, our room didn't seem as clean as normal. There were crumbs in the floor and some "questionable" spill in our curtains (it looked like puke) to the balcony. In any case, our steward quickly took care of it. I liked being able to put our carry-on away before exploring the ship and sitting for lunch.

I used it on my last cruise. Given the opportunity I will certainly use it again. Well worth the $50 in my book, but not a deal breaker if I can't snag one.

Priority Embarkation - We are always there early, so this one really doesn't matter that much. It was nice to get on as quick as possible with 3 kids waiting in the waiting room, especially since we wound up on the shuttle a half hour early (Not sure how that one happened).

Room ready Early - We only had one carry on that fit in the bottom of the stroller. I didn't have to have it, but it was good to be able to get the kids in the room earlier, especially for the littlest one's nap. I will never look at gettting the room early as a bad thing.

Luggage - This was a plus and a minus. We were able to unpack early, but it would have worked just as well in the evening. The downside was having to deal with the luggage until you got it unpacked and put away, as they take up a lot of room in there.

Guest services - I'm one of those who never use guest services. Then came this cruise and I was there more times then my other 6 cruises combined. It was a huge plus when the lined up 1/2 way to the theater on the last night, and you are 1st in line.

Priority disembarkation - Was also nice. Seems to me when we used to get off late, there were huge lines and it is generally an unplesant experience. Ours was lightening quick and we were driving by the boat before they were probably done unloading our cruise.

I have read all the reasons for and against. The main reason for us wasn't listed. The priority line is shorter to check in. With a mobility impaired 82 year old, an excited 11 year old (with ADHA) and a supercharged 3 year old. Waiting in line is not pleasant. Once we are checked in I can occupy the little's but that is difficult to do while in line. I also enjoy going straight to our room (without breaking the rules). We will continue to purchase FTTF for mom and the children as long as they are sailing with us. FYI children are grown the littles are grandkids.