Cunard washed my husband's Armani Tux

PunkiC

Hey good for you! Glad it worked out for you.

Thanks! I think it should be comforting for all of us to know that Cunard is quick to painlessly make things right when they damage a passenger's treasured personal item

We were lucky that the onboard staff were so responsible and cooperative in supplying thorough documentation of the incident. From the look on his face when he returned the tux the last time, it was easy to tell that the Laundry Master was almost as distressed as we were.

Let the shopping begin. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've just read this post on another cruise forum:

Cunard has suspended Dry cleaning for a while as they changed there system to Green Earth cleaning which resulted in some passenger having there cloths ruined it used to cost $12 to have a Dinner Suit dry cleaned but now for $ 9 they will only Press it.

Which is interesting. Maybe that's what happened to the now famous Armani Tux ?

So far, everything I've read about this has been on Cruise Critic. I've searched and have not been able to find anything in print about this directly from Cunard. Could someone please post a link to something official from Cunard (or Carnival)?

Normally, we could get along fine without having dry cleaning available on TA crossings and short cruises, but this could be a real problem for those taking World Cruises. I would hate to see the formal nights turned into "wash and wear" nights.

Bob

I've just read this post on another cruise forum:

Cunard has suspended Dry cleaning for a while as they changed there system to Green Earth cleaning which resulted in some passenger having there cloths ruined it used to cost $12 to have a Dinner Suit dry cleaned but now for $ 9 they will only Press it.

Which is interesting. Maybe that's what happened to the now famous Armani Tux ?

Alibacruisers posted on her thread posts 30 &363 that Dry cleaning is being suspended for a while some insight into this.http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45918824