British isles cruise weather in late may

swedish girl

You shouldn't need a thick winter coat but a decent summer weight jacket that can go over a sweater and something that is shower proof or an umbrella. Layering is key, perhaps for the more northern areas but if lucky it could be warm sunshine anywhere. BTW. The last week of May is a school half term holiday week.

The Princess website gives average weather info for your cruise....check it out by pretending to book it...and then click on the "weather" tab....gives it for each port.

Many other weather websites will give historical info, also.

May can be mixed; you might get 70deg and glorious sunshine but it could be 45deg with wind and rain in the North! Even worse you could get both in one day but not that likely. As previously said layers are the key but don't forget a hat and if you're like me gloves. Just as important are suitable shoes that will keep your feet dry. G.

Our cruise started the first week of June. We had some sun and 70s and some rain, wind and 50s. We layered our sweaters and jackets and wore mostly jeans each day. We never wore shorts or used the pools.

Hi All

Just wait until you get to Orkney :):)

yours Shogun

Ok, I'll bite. Why is Orkney different? I thought people liked it there. Is the weather "special" there? Is it just because it's farther north?

I've never done Northern Europe but my wife and I most definitely have it "on the list". We have to see Ireland and Scotland. We'll cruise first and hopefully be able to go back for a longer stay. There's way too much to see during the short cruise stops.

Hi Orkney has some amazing beach's clear water great diving outstanding history hendge older than Stonehenge houses that are 5000 years old then there is the weather constantly changing we were in t shirts however friends from Florida in shorts had to hide from the wind as it comes from the north