Tell me about your carry-on?

thehams

I've finally learned to pack in a carry on, mostly. I also carry the largest purse they'll allow, though. ;)

"Purse" - actually a beach bag currently:

Medical / First Aid Kit: The usual OTC medications, band aids, antibiotic cream, motion sickness tabs, and ginger candy. Fits in a 2"x1"x5" makeup bag.

Freedom Baggie: Hair products, lotion, foundation, sun screen, perfume, toothpaste.

Swimsuit, couple of changes of clothing, my actual purse with my phone, sunglasses, and wallet, a pair of dollar store flip flops, that double as house slippers, my hairbrush and toothbrush, powdered laundry detergent for sink washes.

Carry On:Short trip = wheeled carry on. Long trip = no wheels carry on for more packing space.

In it:

One outfit for each day up to 3-4. If a trip is longer than 5 days, I do a little laundry in the sink. Curling iron, hair pins, razor, costume jewelry, change of shoes, couple of scarves. Sweater if cold weather destination. Extra swimmy and a cover up if beachy. I always carry a cheap towel. That one perfect dress.

If my spouse is traveling with me, we trade off two of his outfits in my bag, two of mine in his. If a coat or jacket is likely to be needed at my destination, I wear it or at least carry over my arm boarding the plane.

:cool:

Edited by TravelinGert

• 2 months later...