Post your best cruise picture

Henrik_Keller

M COOP:

Those are very nice pictures! Good handling of the light and metering, nice composition, good timing. I hope you don't mind a minor suggestion: You've got ever-so-slightly tilted horizons in each - moreso in the Bali shot. The shots are absolutely gorgeous - but they would be improved even more if you just level those out. It's super-simple to do in most software...just make sure you re-save the pic at full resolution, and with no compression (if saving as a jpeg, adjust your default settings in the options menu to jpeg '1', or minimal compression).

It doesn't take anything away from the merit of the shots - they are great - but the straightened horizons would even add more to them.

M COOP:

Those are very nice pictures! Good handling of the light and metering, nice composition, good timing. I hope you don't mind a minor suggestion: You've got ever-so-slightly tilted horizons in each - moreso in the Bali shot. The shots are absolutely gorgeous - but they would be improved even more if you just level those out. It's super-simple to do in most software...just make sure you re-save the pic at full resolution, and with no compression (if saving as a jpeg, adjust your default settings in the options menu to jpeg '1', or minimal compression).

It doesn't take anything away from the merit of the shots - they are great - but the straightened horizons would even add more to them.

Thanks so much for the kind words and tips--I would have done some slight editing to it, but that was just a sampling of a fairly big panorama I did,...here was the end product. I think it turned out amazing IMO.

baliwebsmall.jpg

Thanks so much for the kind words and tips--I would have done some slight editing to it, but that was just a sampling of a fairly big panorama I did,...here was the end product. I think it turned out amazing IMO.

baliwebsmall.jpg

Wow! Feel free to share photos anytime! Nicely done!

baliwebsmall.jpg

EXCELLENT!!! :D

Very nice! Now it makes sense why the first horizon looked tilted - if it's part of a pano, that makes sense.

I like playing with panos...though I haven't ever posted any because I was afraid they were a bit too big on file size. But you resized yours pretty small and it still looks good...maybe I'll try uploading some panos too in the future!

Thanks for sharing the pano too...it worked out great.

I've really enjoyed looking at all of these photos over the last couple of months as we prepared for our cruise. There are some truly great shots on this thread!

We're back now, and I have a few of my favorites to add!

Playa Uvas--this one's my favorite shot of the whole cruise. Becky is 11 years old and loves the beach. It was a wonderful relaxing day in Cozumel!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/jaynemay/wCozumel1.jpg

We listened to this gentleman play his guitar as we ate our fresh-roasted peanuts. We fondly refer to him as Rastaman!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/jaynemay/uJamaica5.jpg

It took Becky about 10 minutes to catch Yertle, but she finally got him--she was very excited!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/jaynemay/vGrandCayman7.jpg

I took photos of flowers everywhere we went, but this one in the hotel courtyard in Florida (last day of vacation) is my favorite.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/jaynemay/zflorida3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jayne

:D

I've finally broke down and registered to use Photobucket, as so many of you have suggested, so I could add photos to my postings. I use Kodak Gallery for my main photo storage, but as many of you know, not everyone can see photos if they are inserted from Kodak Gallery. I plan to continue to use Kodak Gallery for photo album storage and will continue to post the link to my albums in my signature.

As a trial run, I'm including an interesting before and after view of the main pool on Rhapsody of the Seas. The first photo was taken shortly after sunrise as I wandered in solitude around the ship. The second was taken shortly after noon.

Rhapsody_Pool_1.jpg

Rhapsody_Pool_2.jpg

Thanks to all for your patience as I stubbornly tried to make Kodak Gallery images work.:)

I've finally broke down and registered to use Photobucket, as so many of you have suggested, so I could add photos to my postings. I use Kodak Gallery for my main photo storage, but as many of you know, not everyone can see photos if they are inserted from Kodak Gallery. I plan to continue to use Kodak Gallery for photo album storage and will continue to post the link to my albums in my signature.

As a trial run, I'm including an interesting before and after view of the main pool on Rhapsody of the Seas. The first photo was taken shortly after sunrise as I wandered in solitude around the ship. The second was taken shortly after noon.

Rhapsody_Pool_1.jpg

Rhapsody_Pool_2.jpg

Thanks to all for your patience as I stubbornly tried to make Kodak Gallery images work.:)

Whew, what a difference the butt-crack of dawn makes! :D I also use Kodak Gallery for regular galleries, but download something to photobucket if I want to post it on here.

I also use Kodak Gallery so this is good information for me. I'll have to check Photo Bucket out & see what I have to do to send my pictures there & then post them on here.

I also love checking here everyday to see the pictures. They are all so good.

Gail

• 2 weeks later...

I use photobucket as well, but be careful, as I understand, if you move the order or rename the photo it will remain intact in photobucket, but not on anylinks that you've posted you're photos.

anyone can clarify this please do

I use photobucket as well, but be careful, as I understand, if you move the order or rename the photo it will remain intact in photobucket, but not on anylinks that you've posted you're photos.

anyone can clarify this please do

That would appear to be the case. I have been tweaking my photos stored on photobucket and notice that you can no longer see the ones I posted here earlier :(. Oh well - live and learn.