FOS or Celebrity Silhouette for Western Caribbean

They go to the same ports around the same price for an OV, after watching YouTube videos the FOS looks more like a party ship, lots of activities, where Celebrity seems more classy, more for people who like good food. If they go to the same port, we don't do flow rider, we like going to shows, going to dinner, relaxing and just having fun the two of us, any insight you can give on any of these two ships?

They go to the same ports around the same price for an OV, after watching YouTube videos the FOS looks more like a party ship, lots of activities, where Celebrity seems more classy, more for people who like good food. If they go to the same port, we don't do flow rider, we like going to shows, going to dinner, relaxing and just having fun the two of us, any insight you can give on any of these two ships?

You sound like me and my husband. :) Hands down Silhouette. LOVE Celebrity and the Solstice class ships. I don't know that the passengers are any more "classy" on Celebrity than RCCL. Typically you won't see as many kids running around. LOVE their no smoking policy, not having to sign out towels, comfy loungers by the pool and the crew really go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Unfortunately don't find that too much on RCCL anymore. :(

I can only add that I looked into this. I'm just about to turn Diamond and am considering trying X. I did notice and my memory can be faulty is that Celebrity does the ports in reverse order. (Lapping Cuba counter clockwise instead of clockwise :D) It might be worth looking at the dates and seeing what other ships are in port. My Freedom cruise has a lot of ships in port in Cozumel and Grand CAymen.

Unless you want to do the flow rider or ice skating... silhouette would be my choice. I've done both ships and enjoyed them both, but for a couple, the shilouette is calmer, classier, more romantic. We ate at the steak restaurant one night, It overlooks the grassy area. There was live music that night. Lots of fun.

Hands down, Silhouette. We did both (well, Indy, which is Freedom's sister ship) so you can read my comparisons in my signature below.

Unless you're traveling with a large group and/or lots of kids, Celebrity wins for me. And the Silhouette is so beautiful!

Do you find X you have to dress up more, or a certain age group?

You won't normally find tank tops and shorts in the dining room and people do tend to be a little better dressed in general but not by much.

I've been on both, and for me, Freedom wins, hands down. I found Silhouette to be a little too laid back. And Freedom has that outside promenade deck that circles the ship (almost) and I love that.

I've been on both, and for me, Freedom wins, hands down. I found Silhouette to be a little too laid back. And Freedom has that outside promenade deck that circles the ship (almost) and I love that.

It does circle the ship, you just have about 8 stairs up to the bow and around.

It does circle the ship, you just have about 8 stairs up to the bow and around.

You're right it does. I can't do steps, but DH enjoyed going up those steps and go right the very front of the bow and pretend he was king of the world. :D

Edited by Mama24

I can actually say I've been on both and I would be torn to decide which I liked better. The Freedom is one of my favorite ships of all times, but I also don't do the Flowrider or other sportsy things (although we do like mini-golf which Silhouette doesn't have. But, we absolutely loved the Silhouette. The S-class ships are amazing.

They are about the same for dressiness so far as I can tell.

Celebrity ships are totally smoke free while inside and on balconies.

Silhouette has slightly better food IMO and a really nice pool grill and the best waffles ever.

The shows on Celebrity were better IMO, but that could just be luck of the draw.

I'd go on either again in a heartbeat, but all things the same I'd likely choose Celebrity for an S-Class ship.

Tom

That's funny. For me that fact that it was a little more laid back gave Silhouette the edge. But, I'd go on either again without hesitation.

:)

Tom