need help booking specialty rest with kids

K1226M

we are a family of 6, 2 adults 4 kids. we called NCL to see how to book specialty restaurants with out being charged full price for the kids and they said we had to wait til we were on the ship. Is this true? with 6 people its not always easy to reservations and with kids we would like to eat at a normal earlier time 6ish. we can't wait til 8 with little ones. so are we just out of luck? we are saily 4/15 out of NYC on the GEM. This is a MA vacation week cruise so I am thinking it will be pretty crowded.

I was wondering what to do when booking our specialty reservations as well - knowing that my child would order off the regular kids menu. I just made the reservation for the 3 adults since it would be 4 chairs at the table anyways. With the number of people you have, it may be more difficult to do that. I would book for all the adults and then when you arrive, let them know that you have 2 kids as well. This way you don't have to pay for the kids up front.

I was wondering what to do when booking our specialty reservations as well - knowing that my child would order off the regular kids menu. I just made the reservation for the 3 adults since it would be 4 chairs at the table anyways. With the number of people you have, it may be more difficult to do that. I would book for all the adults and then when you arrive, let them know that you have 2 kids as well. This way you don't have to pay for the kids up front.

We have 4 kids, if there were only 2 I might be ok saying fine if I have to pay full price for them ok, but not for 4 of them 2 who will barely eat anything at all.

When we called NCL they just told us they would not refund on the ship

Yes you will get refunded on the ship, when you log in to MyNCL to pre-book speciality dinners, it says "Per Child pricing done on the ship" right there on the site. Also if your kids eat from the kids' menu, it's free of charge.

More information about all NCL dining options here: http://www.ncl.com/diningguide

Edited by Demonyte

When we called NCL they just told us they would not refund on the ship

I made several reservations ahead of time when I sailed with my dd last year. I prepaid and was refunded accordingly (as OBC) at the time of the reservation. I don't know why NCL would tell you otherwise, unless this policy has changed (which I highly doubt).

Thanks everyone! We don't want OBC we already have a lot from a mixup they made with our rooms. We will wait to book as soon as we get on the ship and hopefully we are able to get a few reaervations

We were recently on the breakaway and pre-booked 2 specialty restaurants for our family including 2 kids. Once we got to the restaurants on board at our reserved time we advised our server of the 2 kids and we received a 50% credit that same night on our account. It was not an obc but a credit. Hope this helps.

I don't think you will have a problem booking on the ship, I sailed the Getaway last year and had no problems all week, except for Cagneys because I waited until the last minute and they only had super late reservations and I had 3 kids with me.