20% Off 3 Specialty restaurants is Izumi included?

While Izumi is handled as a discount on the check, it is included in the 3. You will get the OBC for the other 2 venues by day 2 of the cruise.

I usually recommend just booking onboard and taking the discount for all 3 now, unless someone has a special occasion or needs a very specific time.

I really enjoy all of the venues on Vision. They may still do a nice Izumi lunch event, where it is a sushi class with your sushi along with the chef's dishes served as lunch for $25 if that is at all of interest for you.

Edited by MADflyer

Why pay extra for meals you already paid for in the Cruise Fare? Use the OBC else where.

Because variety is the spice of life and speciality restaurants have better food, better service, and a better ambiance?

A meal in Chops Grille (for example) is significantly cheaper than an equivalent meal shore-side, so the money you've paid for food on the ship is taken into consideration with this subsidised pricing.

I know on Anthem of the Seas in September my partner and I will try all of the speciality venues. It's part of the joy of cruising for us, and I especially love good food.

Why pay extra for meals you already paid for in the Cruise Fare? Use the OBC else where.

I believe the OBC that the OP was speaking of is an extra OBC that you get if you go to three of the specialty restaurants, which includes Izumi. It is in addition to any OBC that may already exist with the booking. Also, you can increase that 20% if you go to a forth and fifth specialty restaurant. The OBC would be 25% and 30%, respectively.

Plus, the difference in the quality of the food in those restaurants is enough to make it worthwhile to have a few dinners in places other than the MDR and the Windjammer.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Last time we sailed on RCCL, we tried the "package" dining. We were given Chops, Giovannis, and $15 each at Izumi. We had never been to Izumi before, and thought we would try it. The $15 each did not seem to go very far. We ended up with an additional $25 added to our bill. We enjoyed Giovannis, were ok with Chops, but probably would not return to Izumi. That is our experience with the package.

While Izumi is handled as a discount on the check, it is included in the 3. You will get the OBC for the other 2 venues by day 2 of the cruise.

I usually recommend just booking onboard and taking the discount for all 3 now, unless someone has a special occasion or needs a very specific time.

I really enjoy all of the venues on Vision. They may still do a nice Izumi lunch event, where it is a sushi class with your sushi along with the chef's dishes served as lunch for $25 if that is at all of interest for you.

Thanks for info, we really enjoyed Izumi and will do it twice on next cruise