Dcl summer release next week

DISNEY FANTASY

I'm not sure this will be super expensive as it isn't the first time it is offered in some form. The ship has docked at some of the Greek islands in 2 previous years.

I don't know when to tell you to start calling. My TA will handle it for me and I've always been very pleased with their success. Yes' date=' they have different phone numbers to use than the public, but they always seem to get everyone booked early and at good ratesl[/quote']

Thanks, good to know. I have to wait until tomorrow to find out the price since we are Silver members.

I don't really have a horse in this race, but I've been over there reading up on the Disboards as well and it is probably because he has gotten a lot of flak over there recently for the same reason he does here.

I've just read a thread over there where he has told the OP that there is vibration on the lower decks and deck 2 is basically a claustrophobic dark enclosed place and in Alaska if you book a lower deck, you will miss all of the sights unless you book a verandah Stateroom!

Oh and apparently due to the light night sky, you can't sleep at night as curtains are reserved for verandah staterooms only!

Doesn't he understand that not everyone can afford the Royal Suites or Concierge level Staterooms and they still have a great time?

Not to mention the accessibility to get to Deck 4 as a great viewing spot?!?

ex techie

I've just read a thread over there where he has told the OP that there is vibration on the lower decks and deck 2 is basically a claustrophobic dark enclosed place and in Alaska if you book a lower deck, you will miss all of the sights unless you book a verandah Stateroom!

Oh and apparently due to the light night sky, you can't sleep at night as curtains are reserved for verandah staterooms only!

Doesn't he understand that not everyone can afford the Royal Suites or Concierge level Staterooms and they still have a great time?

ex techie

Curiouser and curiouser. There is a curtain that can be drawn over the porthole in an oceanview cabin...as well as in verandah cabins. And I've stayed on deck 2--there is nothing wrong with it. Also, I booked an inside cabin on an Alaska cruise. There are plenty of public outdoor areas on the ship--decks 4, 9, 10...and they will give you a much better panoramic view than you can get from a verandah.

I've stayed all over the ships in all sorts of cabin categories...and I can be happy wherever. But some people have other feelings about such things. OK, I do have a favorite cabin now....but if I can't get it, I'm still going to have a great cruise.

but if I can't get it' date=' I'm still going to have a great cruise.[/quote']

Isn't that just the most important thing!

Enjoy your cruise! No one-upmanship, keeping up with the Jones's or feeling superior?

Just be happy your on a cruise you can comfortably afford, you are happy with your accommodation and the ship and itinerary?

ex techie

ex techie

The big one I saw was he created a flier that many thought was from Disney itself stating the date of release was a few weeks ago. When it came and went he went back and edited all his posts to erase his tracks and was called out on it.

Isn't that just the most important thing!

Enjoy your cruise! No one-upmanship, keeping up with the Jones's or feeling superior?

Just be happy your on a cruise you can comfortably afford, you are happy with your accommodation and the ship and itinerary?

ex techie

Couldn't agree more. I've only cruised NCL so far but have done a suite once and insides 2 others. It's all amazing either way. I think you get to enjoy the ship in different ways but neither way is better. Just being on the ship is amazing and I'd take it anyway I can.

What the... That's crazy talking crazy there. I'm off to find that thread, LOL!

Oh, you should have seen him when I said something about him only cruising in concierge...after he posted many times about his concierge experiences and a long list of concierge cruises. How could I say something so wrong? In the years before kids or when the kids were really little or something, they had slummed with the rest of us in a mere balcony cabin. OK, so I was wrong--LONG AGO they had done non-concierge cruises. That's about like the person who hasn't cruised for 10 years, but thinks they know everything about DCL. Sorry, but things change.

Yeah, when he is right, he repeats it enough times so that all the regulars see it. But when he is wrong, all the wrong posts mysteriously disappear as if they were never said.

Oh' date=' you should have seen him when I said something about him only cruising in concierge...after he posted many times about his concierge experiences and a long list of concierge cruises. How could I say something so wrong? In the years before kids or when the kids were really little or something, they had slummed with the rest of us in a mere balcony cabin. OK, so I was wrong--LONG AGO they had done non-concierge cruises. That's about like the person who hasn't cruised for 10 years, but thinks they know everything about DCL. Sorry, but things change.

Yeah, when he is right, he repeats it enough times so that all the regulars see it. But when he is wrong, all the wrong posts mysteriously disappear as if they were never said.[/quote']

Which reincarnation over there? ;)

You need to qualify yourself to disagree with him now!

ex techie

Wow. If someone wants to cruise in an inside for whatever reason, that's their business. I had a friend who wanted to take her beyond really active three year old's who were climbing before they could walk and were total escape artists on a cruise a few years back. Because her husband and mom couldn't travel with her, I suggested one of the large porthole windows for safety. It worked out really well for her and they had a great time. I don't think she ever would have taken a shower if she had a balcony, she'd be too afraid the kids would escape while she was rinsing her hair. :eek:

And to say that only a certain level of cabins and up gets curtains, that's either flat out ignorant or trolling. Take your pick.

PS--I haven't been on the Magic in over 10 years but still answer general questions about the layout of the cabin we were in, etc. I know they didn't move where the bathroom is located. ;)

Edited by ducklite

I honestly think he realizes how little respect a lot of people have for him, is pissed off and either reacting with shock comments to get attention (no-one is that impressed by his boasts about being a Concierge guest anymore and the I know Karl posts) or he needs to see a doctor!

ex techie

Whatever you do, do not ever praise the disney cruise line blog . com about all of their information. Someone did that and he got extremely upset saying that he had said all of that information on the boards months before, but because it disappeared from the main page everyone gives Scott from the web site all the credit all the time and that it should really be his credit.

True, there are things that are the same from 10 years ago and things that are not...and some of us know the difference and some don't!

Ducklite, I have always respected what you post and have never seen you say anything "off the wall."

We all realize that things can change, even from one cruise to another and none of us have perfect memories...but some posters/posts are just strange. I think my all time favorite was the poster who was never going to cruise DCL again because the SHREK character did something she didn't like. Ummmm.....no comment.

Whatever you do, do not ever praise the disney cruise line blog . com about all of their information. Someone did that and he got extremely upset saying that he had said all of that information on the boards months before, but because it disappeared from the main page everyone gives Scott from the web site all the credit all the time and that it should really be his credit.

Oh he HATES Scott and his blog!

The BIG difference is Scott only post's what he knows is speculation AS speculation, not as insider fact information unlike someone else.

I also think he really has a problem that Scott makes money from hit's on his blog (advertising) and no one really visit's DF blog, but also DCL recognize Scott's blog as a way to generate enthusiasm and trade and therefore give him OFFICIAL insider information that he duly posts when appropriate.

No the kind of Karl just happened to stop by my Stateroom today and ask me for a chat about how we should run Disney Cruise Line.

ex techie

And why can't we have a like button on here too!

True' date=' there are things that are the same from 10 years ago and things that are not...and some of us know the difference and some don't!

Ducklite, I have always respected what you post and have never seen you say anything "off the wall."

We all realize that things can change, even from one cruise to another and none of us have perfect memories...but some posters/posts are just strange. I think my all time favorite was the poster who was never going to cruise DCL again because the SHREK character did something she didn't like. Ummmm.....no comment.[/quote']

Oh my gosh--that's too funny!

Wow. If someone wants to cruise in an inside for whatever reason, that's their business. I had a friend who wanted to take her beyond really active three year old's who were climbing before they could walk and were total escape artists on a cruise a few years back. Because her husband and mom couldn't travel with her, I suggested one of the large porthole windows for safety. It worked out really well for her and they had a great time. I don't think she ever would have taken a shower if she had a balcony, she'd be too afraid the kids would escape while she was rinsing her hair. :eek:

And to say that only a certain level of cabins and up gets curtains, that's either flat out ignorant or trolling. Take your pick.

PS--I haven't been on the Magic in over 10 years but still answer general questions about the layout of the cabin we were in, etc. I know they didn't move where the bathroom is located. ;)

I couldn't agree more with your post about cruising in a Stateroom that suits your budget or needs.

And I really think he is posting outrageous things like lower deck Staterooms do not get curtains, just to get a response. Inside Staterooms obviously!

And you do not need to qualify your causing experience to me!

I think we have been through that before once or twice! ;) lol!

ex techie

Oh he HATES Scott and his blog!

The BIG difference is Scott only post's what he knows is speculation AS speculation, not as insider fact information unlike someone else.

I also think he really has a problem that Scott makes money from hit's on his blog (advertising) and no one really visit's DF blog, but also DCL recognize Scott's blog as a way to generate enthusiasm and trade and therefore give him OFFICIAL insider information that he duly posts when appropriate.

No the kind of Karl just happened to stop by my Stateroom today and ask me for a chat about how we should run Disney Cruise Line.

ex techie

And why can't we have a like button on here too!

He sees red when Scott's blog is mentioned especially when others post the link in a thread in which DF considers himself the authority. Does anyone recall last year when Scott's wife came over here and basically went off on him because he was bad mouthing Scott and the blog on multiple sites? LOL That was funny.

We could also make a drinking game out of how many times he mentions his BFF Karl Holz. ;)

Edited by hencoll