Port or Ship time

Does anyone know if the Baltic and Scandinavian cruises stay on ship time or if they change to port times? Need to make some plans and worried the time we are set to arrive will actually be Harwich time and not the time of the port.

Does anyone know if the Baltic and Scandinavian cruises stay on ship time or if they change to port times? Need to make some plans and worried the time we are set to arrive will actually be Harwich time and not the time of the port.

Every sailing I have been on in the Baltic has done the time changes and ships time was set to match port time. (Vision and Serenade with RCI)

With RCI this is always at the discretion of the individual Captain and is always subject to change.

Last summer I was on the Adventure of the Seas for a 12 night Baltic cruise and there were many time changes going and coming back.

One lady changed the time on her watch and went the wrong way and was two hours off.

Also make sure that your phone doesn't auto change time or time zones.

Last summer I was on the Adventure of the Seas for a 12 night Baltic cruise and there were many time changes going and coming back.

One lady changed the time on her watch and went the wrong way and was two hours off.

Also make sure that your phone doesn't auto change time or time zones.

We were on a Baltic on the Brilliance and yes there are many time changes.

Now I am an early riser and enjoy the quiet of the ship in the morning.

One morning the ship seemed busier than usual. I wondered why this was as no port arrival was due. It turned out that I had reset my watch according to the time change card left in the cabin by the attendant.

Problem was he had left the change time an hour back card when it should have been the hour forward time !!!!! (or was it the other way round)

I was therefore in my own individual Selswick time zone !!

Selswick

As said, normally you use port time. This can get a bit tiring at St Petersburg if you are on the same itinerary as we were.

Leave Harwich (clocks go forward, 'cos Europe is one hour ahead).

Still on same time at Stockholm. Next day was Helsinki (add an hour overnight). Next day was St Petersburg (add another hour overnight!). This now means if you are on an excursion leaving around 8am(local), you have got to get up at (say) 6am local, which feels like 3am in Harwich! If you are doing a similar itinerary, take my advise and have an early night before St Petersburg...you'll need it!

Simon