Caribbean Princess Cruise Blog -TONS of photos & videos! Full Review March 7-14 2015

JustinPlusLauren

Hello,

I enjoyed all your photos and experiences, as usual. I felt like I was right on board with you. Unfortunately, there wasn't much I could eat in the Elite lounge during the week due to food allergies. However, it's a nice get-away and perk for us, just to touch base through the week.

You two ladies are looking very happy on your cruise.. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Lynne

Sorry to hear that you couldn't enjoy much of the food in the Elite lounge! We actually only attended the first two days. We meant to go more often, but ended up having things planned on the other days..or simply forgot to go!

Thank you so much for taking the time to document your sailing for those of us who are dreaming about the day we are on the ship ourselves! 2 weeks from tomorrow and I am there. I loved your shot of the champagne waterfall, keep up the great work...

Thank you so much for taking the time to document your sailing for those of us who are dreaming about the day we are on the ship ourselves! 2 weeks from tomorrow and I am there. I loved your shot of the champagne waterfall, keep up the great work...

You're welcome and I'm glad you are enjoying it! Have a fantastic cruise in 2 weeks!

Your recent installment was wonderful. I just felt like I was on the ship with you. I was getting a bit homesick. I've been watching her sail away each week. Those waves were so great to see.

One of my favorite spots in that little miniature golf course up top. That is where I usually stand the final morning to ride the ship back into port. It's so quiet up there. I have been way up front over the bridge on other ships, but this last time, the stairs were roped off because of the wind.

You two ladies looked very sharp in your dresses. Gorgeous. We never got any champagne at the waterfall. Apparently there were only so many bottles opened or glasses served and we didn't get there in time.

We enjoy walking among the art work before the shows, in the lounge, but haven't attended the actual talk and bidding. Our daughter and her husband just went for the free champagne when they went on a short cruise. They actually got bored on their ship, so I guess cruising isn't for them. :(

I'll see you next time. Lynne

Thank you so much, Lynne! I didn't spend much time up on the mini golf spot due to the wind, but there was never anyone up there so I could see how it could be a peaceful spot! Sorry that you didn't get any champagne at the waterfall! They were passing out glasses as well as these chocolates on a stick! Yum. And I'm sorry to hear that cruising isn't for your daughter ... I am addicted to cruising and I know I will be back for more! :) I guess it isn't for everyone though!

*** New Blog Post !!! ***

We booked a private excursion in St. Maarten with Soualiga Destinations, otherwise known as the tours run by Capt. Bob Cass. I booked this tour due to the positive reviews that I read on Cruise Critic and Tripadvisor, so thank you everyone who helped me pick this excursion! We had a fantastic day out on the speed boat, zipping around the outlying edges of St. Martin. We went snorkeling, enjoyed some swimming, and lunch at a beach.

Here's the link to read more, see lots of pictures, and a video tour of our day!

http://justinpluslauren.com/snorkeling-in-st-martin/

And a small preview:

20150310_173855.jpg

GOPR7286.JPG

GOPR7307.JPG

I don't quite have the latest blog post ready to go yet, but I did create this brand new video of our tour in St. Thomas! We booked it through the ship - it was an EcoTour where we kayaked, hiked, and snorkeled. It was so much fun, highly recommend this tour! Please let me know if you have any questions about it.

Edited by JustinPlusLauren

And I just figured out how to embed the Youtube videos! Yay :) Here are all of the ones I've completed so far, feel free to take a look!

Aaaand just realized I could embed the videos! Sorry guys! Here they are:

Princess Cays:

z3KNiX9wxyY

St. Maarten:

wB0gllEX9I8

St. Thomas:

no2eRlhWOjE

Fort Lauderdale Hotel:

VcKSrz6xzXQ

Lauren, thank you so much for your latest installments showing your days in St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Because of your videos I am going to change my cruise on the Regal in 2016 from a Western (been many times) to an Eastern.

Wow! I'm very flattered by your decision! :) I hope that you enjoy the Eastern Caribbean as much as I did! What are your ports on the cruise - I'm assuming both St. Maarten & St. Thomas are included. That's awesome. I hope you enjoy your future cruise!

****NEW BLOG POST!**** Here's the latest!

We took a half day trip with Virgin Island Ecotours to explore St. Thomas by kayaking, hiking, and snorkeling. We visited the Cas Cay Wildlife Sanctuary, saw hermit crabs, observed beautiful ocean views with waves crashing against the rocks, and snorkeled the shallow coral reef there. Come along and explore a deserted island / wildlife sanctuary in the US Virgin Islands with us!

This excursion was booked through the cruise ship as the Wildlife Sanctuary, Kayak, Hike & Snorkel excursion in case you're curious and you'd like to book it!

http://justinpluslauren.com/ecotour-in-st-thomas-at-cas-cay/

Here's a sneak peak:

G0047473.JPG

GOPR7546.JPG

Lauren-

A question for you. We will be on the CB next Saturday. Does she have the soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower like on the Royal and Regal? Just wondering if I need to pack some shampoo or not.

Thanks in advance.

<<<Karen>>>

Lauren-

A question for you. We will be on the CB next Saturday. Does she have the soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower like on the Royal and Regal? Just wondering if I need to pack some shampoo or not.

Thanks in advance.

<<<Karen>>>

Yes. There are dispensers in the shower.

Thanks Hoosier-Cruiser and Lauren-

Now I have to remember to get a "scrubie". We were on the Regal last year and brought one from the dollar store with us. Tossed it away when we disembarked. Worked out great!! And both of us have short hair so the shampoo is no problem for us.

<<<Karen>>>

Wow! I'm very flattered by your decision! :) I hope that you enjoy the Eastern Caribbean as much as I did! What are your ports on the cruise - I'm assuming both St. Maarten & St. Thomas are included. That's awesome. I hope you enjoy your future cruise!

Yep, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Princess Cays. I've been to PC a few times. I always enjoy it. I sailed to St. Thomas over 20 years ago. We went over to St. John to snorkel so didn't really see St.Thomas. I've never been to St. Maarten.

Hi

I'm still here enjoying your review. We don't snorkel or get out in the small boats so it's neat to see your experiences. I'll be down there with a group next January so I'll envision your adventure!

Thank you for your continued reporting.

Lynne

Hi

I'm still here enjoying your review. We don't snorkel or get out in the small boats so it's neat to see your experiences. I'll be down there with a group next January so I'll envision your adventure!

Thank you for your continued reporting.

Lynne

I agree that it is always cool to see what other people plan as it is amazing the variety of activities that you can do from a cruise! I hope you'll be writing a review of your trip so i can read it! :)

Here's the latest from the blog!

http://justinpluslauren.com/vegetarian-restaurant-in-st-thomas/

It continues from the end of our Ecotour in St. Thomas. We walked around Charlotte Amalie and went a little off the beaten path to find a particular restaurant for a really interesting experience! :)