Caribbean Princess Cruise Blog -TONS of photos & videos! Full Review March 7-14 2015

JustinPlusLauren

I really enjoy St. Thomas when we go. We don't do much but it seems so welcoming to me. When we sail away after our day there, all those buildings and homes have lights twinkling. It's like a lot of stars shining to send us on our way. Your pictures are amazing.

St. Maarten, at night, is about the same way. Magical.

On our first cruise on our own, in 2001, we sailed to St. Thomas and took a sightseeing trip around the island. I enjoyed that. We seldom spend the money on excursions. I've always enjoyed going through the stores at Havensight. We tried to walk into town once but found it was way too far for us. LOL. We've been at Crown Bay a couple of times now, which is like an outlet area. While on a cruise a couple of years ago, I waved at the Epic as she was leaving...who had a friend from church on her!! She was on her singles cruise. it was fun to know I had someone from home aboard her. We could swap stories.

Thanks for the memories. I know I will remember your photos when I'm there in January.

Lynne

I really enjoy St. Thomas when we go. We don't do much but it seems so welcoming to me. When we sail away after our day there, all those buildings and homes have lights twinkling. It's like a lot of stars shining to send us on our way. Your pictures are amazing.

St. Maarten, at night, is about the same way. Magical.

On our first cruise on our own, in 2001, we sailed to St. Thomas and took a sightseeing trip around the island. I enjoyed that. We seldom spend the money on excursions. I've always enjoyed going through the stores at Havensight. We tried to walk into town once but found it was way too far for us. LOL. We've been at Crown Bay a couple of times now, which is like an outlet area. While on a cruise a couple of years ago, I waved at the Epic as she was leaving...who had a friend from church on her!! She was on her singles cruise. it was fun to know I had someone from home aboard her. We could swap stories.

Thanks for the memories. I know I will remember your photos when I'm there in January.

Lynne

I took a sightseeing trip around the island on my first time to St. Thomas. It was lots of fun! Sometimes it's a great idea to have an overview of the island to see what it has to offer. I think they took us up to a view point over Magens Bay (if I remember correctly) and it was beautiful.

That's so funny that you saw someone on another ship that you knew! Isn't it funny when you run into people on your own ship that you know? I haven't had it personally happen to me, but on our last cruise (with my boyfriend, Justin) he saw a college friend who happened to be working as a photographer on our ship! So funny.

That was the same overview excursion we took. I think Bluebeard's or some pirate's castle was next door to the Megens Bay stop. We were in an open air bus and our driver's name was Andrew. He was really neat. And, when one couple was late getting back to the bus, he made them do a little dance in the view of all of us before he'd let them on. :D It was all in good fun.

I knew my friend was going to be on the ship. The photo shot I got was of the Epic going across the opening of the Crown Point docking area from Havensight, It was too far away and the ship looked like a large ant. Ha Ha.

It's always nice to run into friends on future cruises, and crew members, too.

That's part of why we all continue to cruise. It's like one big family.

Lynne

It sounds very familiar, Lynne! I think it was the same tour. :)

I have a new blog post ready for everyone! It is our evening aboard the ship after St. Thomas. We had the Mardi Gras festival on board, plus got to attend the Stargazing lesson at night on the upper deck of the ship! I really loved it, fantastic addition to the ships!! :)

Here's the article:

http://justinpluslauren.com/an-evening-aboard-the-caribbean-princess-day-5/

The star-gazing class sounds neat. We have so many stars in the sky outside our house in Florida some nights. On one of my son's visit, we were driving home from somewhere and he pulled over and said, "Mom, look at all those stars up there"....he loves them, too. Now whenever I go out and look up at them, I think of him. He lives in NJ, about 40 minutes from NYC, so I'm not sure if he gets to have a good view of them either. I know that that class will always be special to you.

That Mardi Gras party looked like fun. It's a good enough reason to have one.:D

Til next time..... Lynne

The star-gazing class sounds neat. We have so many stars in the sky outside our house in Florida some nights. On one of my son's visit, we were driving home from somewhere and he pulled over and said, "Mom, look at all those stars up there"....he loves them, too. Now whenever I go out and look up at them, I think of him. He lives in NJ, about 40 minutes from NYC, so I'm not sure if he gets to have a good view of them either. I know that that class will always be special to you.

That Mardi Gras party looked like fun. It's a good enough reason to have one.:D

Til next time..... Lynne

That sounds wonderful in Florida - all the stars! Hopefully your son gets more chances to see them on a regular basis. I know the feeling - lots of light pollution around Toronto. I used to live closer to the country, but not anymore.

The Mardi Gras party was really fun! It was something different on board which was great. Thanks for reading! :)

And here's the latest blog post - our day in GRAND TURK!

It was my first time visiting Grand Turk and I really wanted to explore the island. We rented scooters from Tony's Rentals so we could ride all over the place. Since Grand Turk isn't a huge place, we were able to see the entire island easily while in port. We visited the lighthouse and the Salt House, as well as a couple other places.

Read more here:

http://justinpluslauren.com/scooters-in-grand-turk/

A couple of photos from the day:

IMG_7107.JPG

IMG_7110.JPG

IMG_7081-560x428.jpg

And here's a video of our day in Grand Turk!! :)

[YOUTUBE]yhKkh1MXeNQ[/YOUTUBE]

THANK YOU so much for doing this!! We are scheduled to sail the CB in January 2016 (out of Houston). I've seen so many negative things about the ship I was getting nervious. My BIL and SIL are joining us for their first cruise and I was concerned that they were going to be disapointed with the ship. However, it looks from your reviews and pictures that, while she's an older gal, she's still in good shape. Thanks again for allaying a few of my fears!!

Lauren, thanks for this insight to Grand Turk...and the travel blog. We visited GT last November and never got past the nearby beaches and Margaritaville. Now I see that was a mistake. Oh well, just another reason to go back.

Hello,

We were on at Grand Turk on one of our recent cruises. Just arriving at the pier and seeing that beautiful white beach was a thrill. We took a sightseeing tour and went into "town". The bus stopped at a small store where we could buy drinks and souvenirs and get a photo op. The house colors were in in blues and pinks, maybe gray, as I recall. I think we stopped by Margaritaville, too, but didn't stay long.

I don't know if the Regal Princess will stop there next January if she is going on the Eastern Itinerary, but I'm sure we'll be back there at some point.

Yes the Caribbean Princess is a "good ole gal" and I will sail on her whenever I get the chance.

I look forward to your continuing reports. :) Lynne

BTW-my dad and stepmother lived in Toronto for many years-up north,around Yonge and Eglington. I remember driving up Mt. Pleasant....he's passed on and she now lives in Burlington. Toronto holds many good memories for me.

THANK YOU so much for doing this!! We are scheduled to sail the CB in January 2016 (out of Houston). I've seen so many negative things about the ship I was getting nervious. My BIL and SIL are joining us for their first cruise and I was concerned that they were going to be disapointed with the ship. However, it looks from your reviews and pictures that, while she's an older gal, she's still in good shape. Thanks again for allaying a few of my fears!!

You have nothing to be worried about. We had a fantastic time and we really didn't see anything wrong with the ship. This was my 6th cruise and if there was something really wrong, I would have noticed it! If you have any questions or anything, let me know! :) Enjoy your cruise!!

Lauren, thanks for this insight to Grand Turk...and the travel blog. We visited GT last November and never got past the nearby beaches and Margaritaville. Now I see that was a mistake. Oh well, just another reason to go back.

Definitely another reason to go back! I was even thinking that next time I go there, I'd love to hit up the beaches! There are always new places to discover and adventures to be had!

Hello,

We were on at Grand Turk on one of our recent cruises. Just arriving at the pier and seeing that beautiful white beach was a thrill. We took a sightseeing tour and went into "town". The bus stopped at a small store where we could buy drinks and souvenirs and get a photo op. The house colors were in in blues and pinks, maybe gray, as I recall. I think we stopped by Margaritaville, too, but didn't stay long.

I don't know if the Regal Princess will stop there next January if she is going on the Eastern Itinerary, but I'm sure we'll be back there at some point.

Yes the Caribbean Princess is a "good ole gal" and I will sail on her whenever I get the chance.

I look forward to your continuing reports. :) Lynne

BTW-my dad and stepmother lived in Toronto for many years-up north,around Yonge and Eglington. I remember driving up Mt. Pleasant....he's passed on and she now lives in Burlington. Toronto holds many good memories for me.

I'm glad you had a great time in Grand Turk when you visited! And oh yes, Yonge & Eglinton! I know the area :) And I'm very familiar with Burlington, too. I grew up in the nearby town of Dundas (now part of Hamilton). Small world :)

New blog post everyone!!! :)

It's our last day at sea and I've written all about it!

http://justinpluslauren.com/caribbean-princess-cruise-ship-day-6/

Hope you enjoy. There will still be some more posts coming, like a tour of the ship!

Lauren

I noticed in your picturess of the wine tasting that they no longer give out the sweet wine in the frosted glass Princess shot glasses.

My husband will be relieved as I can't resist bringing them home and we have too many! :p

062311_07431(2).jpg.773627ec87b94962892ef1379eb8bea8.jpg

Hi Lauren

I have enjoyed reading your blog and looking at all your photographs of your recent cruise. You seem to have had a very positive experience. We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess for 14 nights on the Mediterranean Adventurer cruise in just under two weeks time from Southampton, England. Hope we have as good a time on board as you did. It will be great! Thanks again.

Lauren

I noticed in your picturess of the wine tasting that they no longer give out the sweet wine in the frosted glass Princess shot glasses.

My husband will be relieved as I can't resist bringing them home and we have too many! :p

I have some of those glasses, too :) I couldn't remember if they gave them out only during the "fancier" wine tasting that was $25 over the $9.50 one though... for the cheaper one, we didn't get a shot glass to keep though, no. So I guess your husband will be relieved, haha!

Hi Lauren

I have enjoyed reading your blog and looking at all your photographs of your recent cruise. You seem to have had a very positive experience. We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess for 14 nights on the Mediterranean Adventurer cruise in just under two weeks time from Southampton, England. Hope we have as good a time on board as you did. It will be great! Thanks again.

I hope that you have a blast on your Mediterranean cruise!! :) I'll actually be in Italy in a week from now (for 3 weeks total in May!), for a land-based trip with my boyfriend, Justin. Never been to Europe and I cannot wait!