Summit on board booking issues? Future cruisers beware

8milfan

Is anyone else from the 07-Mar Summit sailing having an issue with Celebrity honoring the deal given on board? We were given the full 1-2-3 go package as we booked a concierge class or higher room but Celebrity doesn't want to honor it because the 1-2-3 go is handwritten on the invoice by their agent. Now about a week in waiting for a response from the ship to confirm this deal is genuine to our Guest Relations person handling our case.

Warning to future cruisers - if you get any thing handwritten you better get the date and signature of the person who wrote on your cruise documentation and be sure they code the deal appropriately in the computer before you give your credit card.

Hoping Celebrity will do the right thing and honor the deal given on board. We are loyal Celebrity cruisers and this would be a definite reason to look elsewhere if you can't trust them.

We booked on Summit last year for this year, and for some reason our reservation wasn't coded properly -- they left off the free gratuities. I kept the flyer and had my TA go back to Celebrity to get it right.

Sadly to say there have been a few times that I have had a rogue Celebrity PP or agent. They promise everything but won't provide anything in concrete, not even a email, but promise that they are giving their word and will back you up. I ran away from them and always noticed that they were long gone before my cruise.

I can see where Celebrity wouldn't honor it as anyone could have scribbled that on a piece of paper. I had a problem twice with not having a drink pack on my account when boarding even though I also paid for a upgrade to the premium. I had to go to Guest Relations on board and they claimed that there was nothing in their system. I showed them emails, charges and even my invoice. They said that means nothing. Thankfully both times I was able to contact my TA and got it resolved before leaving port.

Thanks for this warning

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We booked on Summit last year for this year, and for some reason our reservation wasn't coded properly -- they left off the free gratuities. I kept the flyer and had my TA go back to Celebrity to get it right.

Our TA was on the phone with them for over an hour and then turned it over to me to try and resolve with Guest Relations. I only have our documentation given to us by the Future Cruise agent.

When we were on Summit last fall, we visited the FCC, to take advantage of a unique onboard booking offer. The promo was called "Bermuda All-In", because it offered: Classic Bev Pkge, pre-paid grats, and OBC -- and was limited to the next year's Bermuda sailings on Summit. The OBC was applied to your current cruise, in an amount matching the next cruise's deposit.

The paperwork printed out by our FCC only had a "Bermuda All-In" code on it, but no details about how the complimentary bev pkg and grats worked. The FCC explained that the coding would follow on an updated invoice -- and it did. By the time we got home, we had an invoice with all of the promo details on it. As promised, the previous gratuities charge had been taken off, and all of the paperwork appeared as it should. Had there been a problem, we at least had "Bermuda All-IN" printed on the promo line of our invoice, and we kept our original flyer, listing the details of that promo.

In the OP's case, it sounds like someone missed that second step of going in and coding all the offer details. And, if it was an offer limited to Summit, the shore-side folks may not have had a clear understanding of what the OP's TA was talking about. :confused: