Handicap Cabins with sofas

Pia1913

Is there such a thing on any Carnival ship? Must have cabin with accessible bathroom, but those that have them, seem to have eliminated the sofa. And, the sofa is a very important part too. We usually book a balcony, but would consider just an OV if there is such an animal.

Help!

Based off of pictures of rooms, I do know some contain a sofa, but not all. If you google the name of your ship with "ADA Deck Plans" it will show you which rooms are accessible. Then I guess you could look for pictures of that stateroom and see if there is a couch. Kinda cumbersome, but it should work.

Based off of pictures of rooms, I do know some contain a sofa, but not all. If you google the name of your ship with "ADA Deck Plans" it will show you which rooms are accessible. Then I guess you could look for pictures of that stateroom and see if there is a couch. Kinda cumbersome, but it should work.

I have been looking, but to no avail. It seems as if they have removed the sofa to make the bathroom larger, instead of building ADA from scratch. Perhaps Vista will have them. They also, for some reason, put those cabins far away from elevators and for me, pushing my DH in a wheelchair on carpet, breaks my back.

In Sept. we had ADA cabin w/o sofa (Freedom) (though they told me when I booked it there was one) and it was way up front. In January we tried a regular balcony cabin (Liberty) but really missed the accessible bathroom.

I have been looking, but to no avail. It seems as if they have removed the sofa to make the bathroom larger, instead of building ADA from scratch. Perhaps Vista will have them. They also, for some reason, put those cabins far away from elevators and for me, pushing my DH in a wheelchair on carpet, breaks my back.

In Sept. we had ADA cabin w/o sofa (Freedom) (though they told me when I booked it there was one) and it was way up front. In January we tried a regular balcony cabin (Liberty) but really missed the accessible bathroom.

Why don't you buy or rent a motorized wheelchair?

There are some on Breeze. Many seem to be triples or quad cabins. Go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com, and choose a Carnival ship. Under the categories to the left, click on the +/- where they have HC cabins listed. If they have pictures of any, you can see them without being a member. Breeze was at the top so that's where I started. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

There are some on Breeze. Many seem to be triples or quad cabins. Go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com, and choose a Carnival ship. Under the categories to the left, click on the +/- where they have HC cabins listed. If they have pictures of any, you can see them without being a member. Breeze was at the top so that's where I started. EM

Breeze does not have a sofa in the balcony cabins. They may show a photo of a sofa, but it's not there. They used the sofa space to extend the bathroom. This is what happened with us on the Freedom; photo showed sofa, but no sofa. Same location cabin on Breeze.