Currency on Legend's ATM

Does anyone know if the Legend of the Seas ATM dispenses the local currency, i.e. Colombian pesos? Thanks.

Usually the onboard currency for RCI ships is the US$...guest services can then change money currency for you.

I agree with Ashland that the onboard currency including what is dispensed by the onboard ATM on RCCL ships is USD no matter where they sail. This has been the case for all of the RCCL (RCI and Celebrity) cruises we've been on including the Radiance of the Seas over the top end of Australia cruise we just returned from.

Other cruise lines, such as Princess, do have currency converting ATM on some of their ships outside the USA but I seem to recall having to use or input actual currency and not your financial institution/bank card.

Edited by robtulipe

I agree with Ashland that the onboard currency including what is dispensed by the onboard ATM on RCCL ships is USD no matter where they sail. This has been the case for all of the RCCL (RCI and Celebrity) cruises we've been on including the Radiance of the Seas over the top end of Australia cruise we just returned from.

For sure they do not change currency during the cruise - so in this situation it will be USD - When I have been on European cruises it was EUR in the ATM.

For sure they do not change currency during the cruise - so in this situation it will be USD - When I have been on European cruises it was EUR in the ATM.

Was that on a RCCL ship?

I've seen local currency ATM on non-RCCL ships but not on RCCL ships no matter where in the world they are sailing.

On the two Serenade of the Seas cruises in Europe we did last year there was a sign on the ship's ATM stating that it dispensed USD.

Same sign was above onboard ATM for the Radiance Australia 16 night cruise we just did which had only Australian ports including embarkation, Sydney and disembarkation, Perth except for one port stop in Bali, Indonesia. Our OV cabins was on mid-ship on SB side deck 4 just forward of the service desk and I would pass by the ATM location which was on our cabin side just beside that service desk a great many times during that cruise.