WOW cards

There should be a Crown and Anchor box either at guest relations or at the C&A desk. I was told to put mine in there.

Roy

Yes, were told by our room steward that it did not "count" unless we turned it in to guest services. That was a few cruises back, but we always turn them in, but let the employee know also.

What if any are the rules on WOW cards? I know C&A members are given a card at the beginning of each cruise. Is it possible to give more than one WOW on a cruise. I'm on a back to back and gave out the first WOW at the beginning of the second leg. Is it still permissible to give out a WOW for the second leg?

Also, is it possible to get additional cards from either guest relations or the loyalty ambassador?

Thanks

Roy

We've been told these are only available at the port when you check-in although on one ship GS was able to scrounge one up, but it was a long wait and they said normally they don't stock them. On Serenade in March I was given the URL for the electronic survey and told it's "better anyway" to highlight the person's good service there - that they end up getting more recognition from management.

Yes, were told by our room steward that it did not "count" unless we turned it in to guest services. That was a few cruises back, but we always turn them in, but let the employee know also.

This is interesting. I'd never heard that and we've always presented to the recipient along with extra gratuity.

Yes, it was a while back. Policy may have changed in regards to being able to hand it to the recipient.

The cards are only available at check in. This past January I wanted extra and there were none at guest services. They did give me paper and envelopes. I wrote WOW all over the envelope and addressed them to the appropriate department head and left the envelopes with guest services.

OK I probably have a silly question but who do you hand these WOW cards to once you fill them out? Do you hand them to the individual you wrote up or leave them in your cabin? I have been so busy on my cruises that I haven't had a chance to fill any out but this next cruise is to Bermuda for 3 days so I'm thinking I will have time. I've been very pleased with all the employees on RCI & literally could not complain about anyone. Am I that unusual?

There should be a Crown and Anchor box either at guest relations or at the C&A desk. I was told to put mine in there.

Roy

The WOW Cards that we have gotten were Two-Parts (perforated to tear down the middle). You fill out the top and give to the crew-member, and then fill out the bottom and put in the Guest Relations Box.

Hope This Helps.

We didn't get WOW cards for our last cruise (Independence of the Seas last month). The first check-in person didn't have any and directed us to another check-in person at a counter located closer to the boarding area. We asked a woman there, and she checked with a couple of her coworkers, and none of them had any idea where to find WOW cards. She then suggested I could get them at Guest Services onboard.

I didn't bother checking at Guest Services because from past experience, they wouldn't have them.

Edited by Daghis

When we boarded the Quantum on Feb 20th, I requested a Wow card and was told they are no longer used. I guess either I got wrong information or this applies only to Quantum. We recieved the envelopes at the end of the cruise to use if we wished to tip additional and I recall the envelope said Wow on it.

We were told the same thing at check in on our Freedom cruise so we didn't get any. People we were traveling with received 3 cards at check in (different line). When we went to Guest Services they said they didn't have any. We enjoy giving them out.

Roy

That's where we were told to put ours. On Celebrity we were not supposed to give them to the crew member as it could be compromised.

Looking at a WOW card now that we lost until we unpacked at home: "Please fill out this award form completely and personally present it to the crew member who Wow'd you or drop it in the Crown & Anchor Society box located at Guest Services or the Loyalty & Cruise Sales Manager's area."

Edited by MindyJohn