Southampton Disembarkation tips

Captain Rob

Hi

We are on a cruise to and from Southampton in May. All our previous cruising has been fly cruising. What's the disembarkation procedure to catch a coach? What time do the coaches normally leave? Has anybody got any tips that may help.

Robin

Hi

We are on a cruise to and from Southampton in May. All our previous cruising has been fly cruising. What's the disembarkation procedure to catch a coach? What time do the coaches normally leave? Has anybody got any tips that may help.

Robin

You will told when to leave the ship when the coach is ready.

I think the times are staggered to let those with longer journies leave first.

So, around 10 ish probably.

David.

Breakfast opens at 6am at the Buffet - continental. MDR opens 6.30am for the full English or P&O Breakfast. A queue forms on the last day but not too many turn up. I think this is best and easiest option as waiters serve you and it is relaxing to get what you want just sitting there. On Oceana couple of weeks ago LAST DAY breakfast in the MDR was done on sittings. Possibly a new trial? I think they open the doors at 6.30am closed them at 7am, they re-opened them at 7.30am then closed them at 8am. It seemed to be a new system but it worked well if you read your Horizon daily news sheet. Watch out for this as if you get in it's very good if you miss the doors it's not as good as you probably would end up traipsing up to the top decks for buffet.

Getting as much as you can in your cases put out overnight is a good idea as you have to carry all your other stuff around in the morning after breakfast. The lifts get full and you do not want to be going up and down stairs with a big bag/s.

You typically declare intentions to disembark late on in cruise and coach people get amalgamated with the time suitable for the relevant coach. Not done coaches myself so that's as much as I know!

Regards John

Hi Robin,

Having used Eavesway coaches 4 times and Inter cruise coach once. Easvesway in our opinion are very good. As we live in the north west, we have left the ship by 7;30 and have been on our way as soon as the other passengers got on the coach.

You will be given a time to disembark by P and O. a day or so in advance.

John

Hi Robin,

Having used Eavesway coaches 4 times and Inter cruise coach once. Easvesway in our opinion are very good. As we live in the north west, we have left the ship by 7;30 and have been on our way as soon as the other passengers got on the coach.

You will be given a time to disembark by P and O. a day or so in advance.

John

Hi John

We done the transatlantic last November and used Intercruise. Not to impressed with the coach. This time we've booked Eavesway as their coaches look good. Reassuring to know you like them.

Robin

At £250,ooo each they have to be good, first one away is normally the Scotch coach starts loading 0900 am

That's a bit more civilised time. Thought I might have to forgo my last breakfast. Our coach is Newcastle bound, but we get off at Oxford (Cherwell) which is the first stop. Home in time for lunch.

Robin