Good places on the Constellation to have a ceremony?

veejaydoubleu

Will be sailing Jan 2016. Haven't been on the Constellation myself. I know there is a Wedding & Honeymoon thread for posting, but what i'm really looking for here is advice from people who have been on the ship. The only post I can find is a bride who had her ceremony in the Reflections lounge. I would like someplace bright and sunny, not a window-less conference room, lounge or theater. Group size should be <50. Do you think the solarium area might accomodate? or can you think of someplace kind of sheltered on deck?

Thanks for any feedback!

As I recall, the Solarium is kind of small. It's pretty and sunny (when the sun is out), but I think it would accommodate about 15-20 people.

On deck, I can't think of many sheltered spots other than where the loungers are.

Reflections lounge might be your best bet if your group is larger than 20. It will have natural light on a sunny day. Even on a dark day, at least there are lots of windows.

The solarium is humid and closed in in feeling. Would simply suggest speaking with the Celebrity people and see where they suggest. Forward is a great open room on I think Deck 11, but getting a place and having the X people say no makes no sense to me.

Clearly, the ideal location would be the helicopter pad...but not sure how you would even start to have that discussion with celebrity. There is unused outdoor space at the stern on deck 12...but I chairs. Indoor space is more difficult unless you can reserve the lounge at the bow on deck 11....every ship calls it a different name.

We were married on reflection, in the sky lounge. It was beautiful, a view of Miami out the windows. We wanted outdoors but didn't trust florida weather. Seems like there is a thunderstorm everyday. We picked indoors for peace of mind, but you CANNOT choose the lounge, they tell you where the ceremony will be when you board.

We were married on reflection, in the sky lounge. It was beautiful, a view of Miami out the windows. We wanted outdoors but didn't trust florida weather. Seems like there is a thunderstorm everyday. We picked indoors for peace of mind, but you CANNOT choose the lounge, they tell you where the ceremony will be when you board.

Justcrusn, do you have any pictures you'd mind sharing? Also, can I ask what you did after the ceremony, dinner? reception?

Thanks again!

Thanks all, that was helpful! I've heard you don't really get to choose, but want to know what the options are.

When I was last on Constellation (NOV 2014), the Blu restaurant was being used on one day for some combination of ceremony/reception/wedding pictures, etc. It's quite a lovely and elegant setting.