Is it worth taking 2 yr old to Disney?

tweetypie_67

I agree 2 years old is too young. The will never remember it, and like others have said it could actually be a little scary and overwhelming.

My former MIL took my kids everywhere from the time they were toddlers Disney, different theme parks, all over NYC.

Today as adults they have no recollection of any of it until they got to be about 5 or 6. They can look at a picture of them that young with Mickey Mouse and say "Yeah Ok that was me , if you say so" *LOL*

But a little older they remember and still talk about what they saw and the funny misadventures of their trips.

I agree 2 years old is too young. The will never remember it, and like others have said it could actually be a little scary and overwhelming.

My former MIL took my kids everywhere from the time they were toddlers Disney, different theme parks, all over NYC.

Today as adults they have no recollection of any of it until they got to be about 5 or 6. They can look at a picture of them that young with Mickey Mouse and say "Yeah Ok that was me , if you say so" *LOL*

But a little older they remember and still talk about what they saw and the funny misadventures of their trips.

Actually, now that you mention it- about 14 years ago, when my eldested grandaughter was about 2 1/2- she was not only afraid of some of the characters, she was especially afraid of the fireworks at night! We had to quickly run out of the park and to our hotel on the boardwalk to get out of the park! Now funny- but then not so! When we tell her about this, she has no memory of it but laughs!

You'll make memories....just not the kind you are thinking!!...lol....go to cocoa beach and enjoy the atlantic...she can run all she wants and cool off in the water....my nephew and his wife are on the quantum right now and had a great day there...right down the beach where my mother lived for many years...

I think you have your decision, and here is why this is a bad idea for a port day:

1. It will take 60-90 minutes EACH WAY to get from the port, to the park, and back.

2. From the time you reach the parking lot, to the time you actually get to the Magic Kingdom (assuming that is where you are going), wll be about 30 minutes.

3. It costs over $100 per adult for a one day, one park ticket to the Magic Kingdom, and about $17 to park, plus the cost of food, so add another $100 or more for the day to that.

4. August is incredibly hot and humid here in Florida, and we usually have a terrific thunderstorm in mid to late afternoon, which will close down all outdoor attractions.

5. She won't be big enough to go on some rides.

6. Lines will be long (unless it's late August), and unless you get a Fastpass for your preferred attractions weeks in advance, you may be stuck in a stand-by line for an hour or more. Forget character meet and greets, because those lines can be even longer than the lines for the rides.

7. She will probably be tired and cranky.

Disney, especially the Magic Kingdom, is a wonderful place for a small child (coming from someone who works for the competition), but wait until she is older, OR, you have several days to spend.

Port Canaveral is close to the Kennedy Space Center, Canaveral National Seashore, and Cocoa Beach, and the Brevard Zoo. Take the family to one of those places. The little one will probably enjoy the beach just as much.

Edited by kimlovesfl