owners suite 1320 on Explorer

We've had staterooms near the elevators before and not heard the ding.

On Explorer the elevators are in kind of a lobby set up, and the staterooms are in definite hallways well away from the elevators. So even if your stateroom is near the elevators, you're still be well enough away from them.

My husband and I are thinking of booking the above owners on the Explorer. It is near the elevator. Has anyone heard the "ding" sound of the elevator. Thank you in advance.

I've been in hump cabins near elevators on Mariner of the Seas, and close to the elevator on FOS, and never heard any elevator sounds, or increased noise at all. Good location. We'll be in 1320 on FOS in September. :)

My husband and I are thinking of booking the above owners on the Explorer. It is near the elevator. Has anyone heard the "ding" sound of the elevator. Thank you in advance.

We have been in 1320 several times...it's a great owner's suite. Although you are near the elevators (a good thing), you are not that close as the OS is in a separate hallway far enough away you do not hear the elevator noises. We feel 1320 is a perfect location!!!

Sad to see the Explorer leave Cape Liberty - love that ship and its crew...

Swiss

Who booked my favorite suite????

We have had cabin 1320 on quite a few trips, and to me, it's the best suite in the house. It's even better than the RS, and we have had both on quite a few of fleets ships. I'm speaking of the Explorer Class, where Royal Caribbean has never figured out how to keep the afternoon sun from making parts of the RS very uncomfortable, due to direct sunlight, where in 1320, which is shaded by such a large overhang, we can have up to 45 people in our cabin for a stand up party, and we never got hot..........or even warm!

Views both fore and aft, 1320 is, IMHO, the perfect OS on any Explorer Class ship.;)

Rick

• 2 months later...
Who booked my favorite suite????

We have had cabin 1320 on quite a few trips, and to me, it's the best suite in the house. It's even better than the RS, and we have had both on quite a few of fleets ships. I'm speaking of the Explorer Class, where Royal Caribbean has never figured out how to keep the afternoon sun from making parts of the RS very uncomfortable, due to direct sunlight, where in 1320, which is shaded by such a large overhang, we can have up to 45 people in our cabin for a stand up party, and we never got hot..........or even warm!

Views both fore and aft, 1320 is, IMHO, the perfect OS on any Explorer Class ship.;)

Rick

We're in OS 1600 for a 13 night sailing next year... But am ringing my travel agent on Monday to swap to 1320. Thanks :-)

Hailey

We're in OS 1600 for a 13 night sailing next year... But am ringing my travel agent on Monday to swap to 1320. Thanks :-)

Hailey

Just a quick note to remind anyone interested in the Explorer class OS's, that the first two ships, Explorer being the first, have "in hull" balconies.

The rest of the Explorer class, like the Mariner (now in Asia) had balconies outside of the hull, providing incredible views.

One cannot go wrong booking the middle of the hump on any explorer class ship.

Rick