Inside with French Doors Cat 4K or Outside 6A on Carnival Pride

maryjoe

We were in cabin 4112 (obstructed French door) and our friends were in 4116. Both did not have a view of anything except the lifeboat. And yes, there were workmen who appeared outside our window on one of the sea days. So, only open the curtains if you're dressed! :)

That being said, we enjoyed the natural light and being able to open the door to check the weather. The room was a nice size.

Sorry, 4114 is in between, 4112 is not. We had 4K's that were not in between life boats and we still really enjoyed the cabin. We propped the door open at night, it was really nice to listen to the ocean and get fresh air. We will book this cabin any chance we get, unless we decide to splurge on a balcony. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Our family has 4 of the 4K cabins booked. I look at it as we were going to get inside cabins and now we have a window with some light, even if we have a view of a lifeboat. We wouldn't have any view in a standard inside. It's a bonus that the doors open to allow fresh air.

The very last few are Picture Windows. Towards the 4200's. Click on a deck plan to confirm.

When actually choosing a cabin through the booking engine you'll only get Picture Windows or French Doors but just looking at the deck plans you can't tell.

Edited by SadieN

Cabins 4202, 4203, 4205, and 4207 are the picture window rather than french doors. Also, they are all handicapped cabins.

How would anyone know this? Why don't they tell you? If I thought I was getting French doors and found only a window I would be pretty upset! :mad::confused::mad::confused:

How would anyone know this? Why don't they tell you? If I thought I was getting French doors and found only a window I would be pretty upset! :mad::confused::mad::confused:

It's all about doing your homework...I look at various sites and google everything. Have found that "cruise line rooms dot com" (no spaces) has been a great resource for seeing what cabins have or don't have, especially when there is more than 1 ship in a specific class.

Also, the search on this site is really good too...brings up lots of threads when searching 4K cabins.