Camera recommendation

I am loving all the reviews along with the pictures... My question is what camera is best for a cruise? I have a nikon d40 that I don't plan on carrying around... I would like a point in shoot that is great for land and waterproof as well... Also not wanting to spend over $200...

• 3 weeks later...

If you're looking at the Fujifilm XP70 16 MP Digital Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD it's on sale at Amazon for just $164.94. I've been trying to compare it with other underwater cameras, and this looks like a decent camera at a good price!

Edited to add that it can be had for as little as $149.95 if you're not particular about what color you get! :)

Edited by KimEadler

Reviews can be found at imaging-resource and DPReview.

The D40 is actually a nice compact and cheap DSLR. For everything but wet / beach and water it might be your best choice, far better than the P&S or a cheap newer iPhone for better quality pictures.

The Fuji xp70 is being cleared out everywhere, Target this weekend have them going for $120, but the best underwater cameras are the Ricoh WG-5 and the Olympus TG-4 both are around $350 Good luck

John

Edited by wmjivey