Review: Celebrity Solstice 22 March 15 South Pacific Cruise

We're just about to book a Christmas cruise on Solstice. We're looking at a obstructed verandah on deck 6, midships, just next to the bump out. Does anyone have any idea how obstructed these cabins are. I believe the obstruction is the lifeboat below so hopefully won't impact the view out to sea.

I had a bit of look into these myself. If you get the balcony one or two next to the bump, I think the obstruction is quite minimal. In terms of noise level, when I researched I read reviews of noise coming from passengers down on promenade deck 5 and also noise on the days tenders are used for the ports. So for this reason, we opted against obstructed. Check the price difference - for our cruise it was only an extra $40 per person for the cruise fare.

Also something to keep in mind with the balconies in the hump, quite a few do have the X painted on the front of the balcony glass. When sitting on the balcony, the glass painted with the X appears to be quite reflective in the daylight. I prefer to be able to see clearly through the glass.

Thanks, LuckiePuris.

The cabin we have a hold on is right next to the bump - 6205.

With the Pick your Perks deal essentially we can get this, including the drinks package, at a similar price to what an inside cabin would cost plus the cost of drinks packages. I prefer to be midships so a cabin on deck 7 would be $100pp extra.

Think we might take the risk on noise and save the extra $200 for other stuff. We prefer the late dinner sitting so hopefully the noise will have abated by the time we get to bed, and we'll just have to live with tender noise - might get me out of bed earlier to enjoy the view. ;)

Anyway we're going to sleep on it before making the final decision. ;)

Thanks for the review, we really loved the Solstice.

We have also stayed at the Harbour Rocks Hotel a couple of times, the last just recently where we had a room on the 3 floor (not the Penthouse!!) What a surprise in the morning when I looked out and there was the Radiance, and the harbour bridge view from the bathroom!! A great view if you can get the right room;)

We use our free night with Accor there as it is usually around $300 a night, but just a short walk around the corner to the ship.

We have booked the Quay West suites for our next cruise, two bedroom harbour view......$430 for 4 adults, two bedroom/two bathroom apartment, but check out the view!! A good deal for the city when split between a couple.

For anyone interested, its a great location:)

http://www.quaywestsuitessydney.com.au/

Chez

Thanks, LuckiePuris.

The cabin we have a hold on is right next to the bump - 6205.

With the Pick your Perks deal essentially we can get this, including the drinks package, at a similar price to what an inside cabin would cost plus the cost of drinks packages. I prefer to be midships so a cabin on deck 7 would be $100pp extra.

Think we might take the risk on noise and save the extra $200 for other stuff. We prefer the late dinner sitting so hopefully the noise will have abated by the time we get to bed, and we'll just have to live with tender noise - might get me out of bed earlier to enjoy the view. ;)

Anyway we're going to sleep on it before making the final decision. ;)

We were in 6206 on the starboard side directly opposite your cabin and we had absolutely no issues at all. No noise, sheltered balcony, and in effect no restrictive views. The Tenders come up to just below the glass railing. You cant see down to the water anywhere else either as the ship overhangs the water. Value for money you betcha. Handy to the elevators for going up and down as well.

We were in 6206 on the starboard side directly opposite your cabin and we had absolutely no issues at all. No noise, sheltered balcony, and in effect no restrictive views. The Tenders come up to just below the glass railing. You cant see down to the water anywhere else either as the ship overhangs the water. Value for money you betcha. Handy to the elevators for going up and down as well.

Thanks, Beanb41. I did see your post on the Celebrity cabins sticky. :)

Did you feel any lack of privacy on your balcony with the bump coming out right next door? I guess since the bump os aft of those cabins it wouldn't really restrict views when the ship is cruising - I aways prefer to look forwards rather than backwards ;)

Thanks, Beanb41. I did see your post on the Celebrity cabins sticky. :)

Did you feel any lack of privacy on your balcony with the bump coming out right next door? I guess since the bump os aft of those cabins it wouldn't really restrict views when the ship is cruising - I aways prefer to look forwards rather than backwards ;)

One needs to lean over the balcony railing to see who is next door or further along the hump, so in that aspect privacy is not an issue. However be a little circumspect about what wears on the balcony or just inside the stateroom especially on Tender Days or when maintenance is being done on the tender as the crew can see inside the cabins if they are standing on top. It only happened once to us in a 35 day cruise so in reality not an issue

If you are on higher decks you can see down to the water and e.g. tenders loading/unloading, pilot manoeuvres, the wharf and so on.