Early saver?

htvfd145

If you done the early saver and now there offering upgrade and $50 onboard credit. Do you have to take the upgrade or can you do just the onboard credit?

not sure I understand the question. If there is a price drop which also includes the OBC, you will get both. I submitted a price drop form this morning and got the new price for the cruise I have booked in Sept.

We really like the location of the cabins we got and we have 2 cabins side by side. But now there offering our cabin at same price but with a free upgrade and $50 obc. So was wanting to know if we had to take the cabin upgrade just to be able to get the obc or if we could just do the obc without the upgrade

We really like the location of the cabins we got and we have 2 cabins side by side. But now there offering our cabin at same price but with a free upgrade and $50 obc. So was wanting to know if we had to take the cabin upgrade just to be able to get the obc or if we could just do the obc without the upgrade

I too have a same cabin. I think the "upgrade" just brought the higher rate classes (say 4B instead of 4A) cheaper. My price drop allowed me to maintain the cabin I have and get the new (cheaper) price along with OBC. You may have to call to get the OBC if the price is the same, but submit the form first and let them respond.

What I did was do a mock booking which showed me the new price. I then took this information and included it on the Price Reduction form and submitted to Carnival.

Good luck

So it looks if my cruise is now 20 more than what I paid but I shows I could get a 30 OBC with the current promotion. So I assume that I don't qualify for the OBC because the price is more. Am I correct here?

So it looks if my cruise is now 20 more than what I paid but I shows I could get a 30 OBC with the current promotion. So I assume that I don't qualify for the OBC because the price is more. Am I correct here?

If you are willing to pay the additional 20, you should be able to get the 50 OBC. You will most probably have to call. But submit the form first because there is a phone #/extension in the rejection letter to call in case you get rejected. There is a place on the form to add extra comments before submitting

I just saw this as well. My price is the same but I submitted the form asking for the $50 onboard credit. I wasn't sure if they would do that or not, but it sounds like others have, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. $50 isn't much, but its a good start. We don't sail until October, so lots of time for more promotions:D

I just saw this as well. My price is the same but I submitted the form asking for the $50 onboard credit. I wasn't sure if they would do that or not, but it sounds like others have, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. $50 isn't much, but its a good start. We don't sail until October, so lots of time for more promotions:D

I just did it for $17... every little bit helps :)

It worked. Within 10 minutes I received an mail with confirmation of my $50 onboard credit. Now I'm having a nice Monday!

congrats... :) just remember that with future price drops, you need to include the $50 OBC as part of your cost

congrats... :) just remember that with future price drops, you need to include the $50 OBC as part of your cost

Correct. My prior price drop actually was the same price I booked at but had $100 OBC. The price recently dropped $80, but didn't put in for it since I'd be loosing $20. The current promo has my price at the same $80 drop but adds $50 OBC netting me an additional $30 OBC.

Just got the price drop a week or two ago and now just submitted the forms for the $50 credit since the price remains the same and I just received approval within 15 mins. This is a good day! :)

Edited by lbow2006

So this may be a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. If I submit a request for the free upgrade, do I still get to pick my room or will they just assign me to a room? This is our first time booking Early Saver so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

So this may be a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. If I submit a request for the free upgrade, do I still get to pick my room or will they just assign me to a room? This is our first time booking Early Saver so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mandy, I tell people there are NEVER dumb questions... maybe dumb "answers"... :)

The only time you won't pick your cabin is if you are switching to a GTY.

Mandy, I tell people there are NEVER dumb questions... maybe dumb "answers"... :)

The only time you won't pick your cabin is if you are switching to a GTY.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Edited by xMandy

Just remember if you booked under any of the reduced deposits, this promotion does not have a reduced deposit. If you put in for the price drop make sure you've paid the balance of the regular deposit before your cruise cancels.

I booked a cruise in September on the Triumph out of Galveston on the Early Saver fare. What is the best way to watch for price drops? This is our first time to book on the Early Saver. We usually aren't this organized. Thanks!

You can either go to Carnival. Com and do a mock booking or use the fare viewer

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Bookmark it. Especially if you are going to use it a lot. But it will show just the base price, so know what you originally booked at.