Anyone know what the Adventure of the Seas is up to in early 2017?

The Adventure of the Seas is not listing any sailings between January 7th til April 8th, 2017. Is it scheduled to go in for a drydock again already? I was hoping to sail on her in March 2017, but cannot find any info for this time period.

The Adventure of the Seas is not listing any sailings between January 7th til April 8th, 2017. Is it scheduled to go in for a drydock again already? I was hoping to sail on her in March 2017, but cannot find any info for this time period.

That does seem a bit strange. The reason I say that is Adventure also has a 5 week gap in October 16th of 2016 until November 19th of 2016. I assumed that was a planned dry dock as well. We are booked for that sailing in November. Hopefully someone can enlighten us as to what is going on.

They just have not finalized the itineraries for release for some reason.

They have announced deployment partially.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15043622_Adventure_Winter_Caribbean_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

Adventure dry dock is in October and then returns again in November to San Juan.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15043622_Adventure_Winter_Caribbean_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

Adventure dry dock is in October and then returns again in November to San Juan.

Thanks for that information. I was pretty certain we booked the 1st sailing after the dry dock and you confirmed that. As to the delay on itineraries after the holidays, hopefully they will be posted soon for the OP to book.

Yes, there have been many posts over the years of construction still going on the first cruise after dry dock. My friend was on the Voyager after a dry dock several years ago, and she saw first hand the contruction still going on and the disruptions because of it.

Thanks for the link. Strange that the Adventure would do the exact same ports as the Jewel just departing one day earlier (the only switch is St. Thomas for St. Maarten). Usually the two ships do somewhat different itineraries for the same week. I will have to keep my eyes open for when the Adventure is officially listed for sale for March 2017. thanks again.

Yes, there have been many posts over the years of construction still going on the first cruise after dry dock. My friend was on the Voyager after a dry dock several years ago, and she saw first hand the contruction still going on and the disruptions because of it.

I was on the second sailing of the Oasis (after the TA) after the drydock, and there was still construction going on. Not really a big deal, except some areas weren't completed.

Thanks for the info - it seems reasonable that some things would still be process.

Hello neighbor. We are on this sailing and live near Hudson. Adventure has already done some updates in the previous dry dock so I do not believe that there will be a lot of work still going on after the 5 weeks. Unlike Oasis that saw so many updates and changes, this one should be a lot less work intensive and hopefully they can finish on time or ahead of schedule.