Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

the next day we were arriving in Cabo San Lucas. Cabo is a tender port but apparently it is rare for a cruise ship to miss this port as the bay is relatively protected.

Six of us had planned on a catamaran cruise on the Rissalena. I had read a lot of good things about it.

I was up bright and early and always enjoy early mornings on the verandah.

dc2ad8280c59b4070062bf039b81b8b6.jpg

9d0c457d727c4e51c0d606b6fcd93db5.jpg

2828269d51d5f32c4f810e623523391f.jpg

Cabo is a very pretty sight

f8c1c21aa35a92ab13d177c2ab861a63.jpg

Westerdam had 6 tenders going so the process was quite quick and we were off by the time that we wanted without issue. The Rissalena was at the other end of the harbour walk, but four of us opted to walk and soak in the ambience as we made our way. For those that prefer not to walk, there are pedi-cycles and cabs - no problem at all.

47c22a9e6464f22c823e3d9e981a6e0f.jpg

there are a lot of boats of all types in the harbour and, as you could see above pelicans that think they are entitled to sit on or ride at time.s

be9b26f18cd4c831eab53df53b56cb47.jpg

31b49e7b4b067de4254f989ad18886cc.jpg

We arrived at the Rissalena, confirmed our reservation and, as it was a smidge too early to board, we gave them our bags to save our seats and went to the restaurant which was very close by for a cold drink. Always needed after a long walk.

I discovered the Rissalena thanks to Cruise Critic and reviews I read.

We boarded and I snapped a pic of the view on shore from the ship (makes it easy if anyone else is going to go meet it).

eeb18267006c815ef86e4faa5eabf55a.jpg

We had two captains on board so we were well protected

ad10d043dca1a846a637a7b0da3223c1.jpg

Along with the two captains, we had a bar tender, two ladies serving and another man to help out with serving and as it turned out to give us information and to help if needed at snorkelling time.

Drinks, lunch, snorkelling and all the equipment were included in the cost of this catamaran trip.

Edited by kazu

A question to roll call members. Usually when we return from a cruise our mariner status is updated within a few days on the HAL website. To date our mariner credits have not been posted and this cruise has been over for almost two weeks. Has anyone noticed if they have received their credits or not?

A couple of years ago we waited nearly a month before one of our cruises was credited to us on HAL's site.

We had to call and get it straightened out.

With everyone on board, we were ready to head out. I think there were 18 of us on the catamaran (lots of room) and 6 people working to take care of us (including the two captains).

As we headed out, we sailed past the Westerdam. Now, you know I couldn't resist doing this don't you?

f294319f9837933ea36c517a321a584b.jpg

141bd7dd63c4a764118e49351692dfac.jpg

then we passed through some unbelievable scenery. If you looked closely you could see the seals on the rocks!

7b835b527bd43df684abad9f699ef660.jpg

fde0329a3f7a6020380b882a930f5923.jpg

0584776eacb4572042b3e9085b77dfd7.jpg

653f6c39cfde610d6c26c395cdd466cf.jpg

lots of animal life as you can see above.

and people were out and about parasailing (I think that's the right word?)

36ba9a614cbb75cf3d398502b67c0c10.jpg

We passed by lovers beach and divorce beach! yes, they really have a beach called divorce beach!!

Along the way, we saw these flags. It's a lovely remembrance spot. Nice to see that ours was there.

405b40e3863a51611a8c04e334223cdd.jpg

people were enthralled by the views and enjoying them very much.

f58ef149b59dfc78290cd8f7b83a8f0c.jpg

When there was no narrative necessary, the boat had great music playing so as we sipped a cold one we enjoyed the scenery, the breeze and the experience.

c3c105af5d065a9a891b93edb6419be1.jpg

Great pictures.

We missed Cabo one time and so did many other ships.

Swine Flu in 2009.

thanks KK very much.

I'm glad we didn't miss it. Beautiful port - so much to do.

we were heading to the snorkel spot. They had all the equipment that we needed.

Some of the wonderful crew that were taking care of us.

0fec93a49d6813da2c67a7e8735910b1.jpg

As we made our way there, people were really getting in the spirit and having fun.

3439a80a75edb8aa8c548573618f6d76.jpg

45dc646110ee7d3b1f152ddde5aba22b.jpg

12acf7e1147b832bc097fc7b47355ac8.jpg

The captain kept a firm hand on the wheel and we had a nice smooth ride.

1a8832d5a2b8d4bba9943880431294d2.jpg

to be continued...

Edited by kazu

ooops, I nearly forgot - I had a request for the Master Chef's Table menu (I posted some pics earlier.

I hope this is clear enough to read.

here are the two I took. They will be converted to pdf later and sent off.

817c8d49eca463f5c16fa105143b021c.jpg

0b95abbddc282699e32a37cc90b950d8.jpg

hope this works.

Back later with more of Cabo. Stay tuned...

Edited by kazu

Just to clarify. I was NOT pole dancing. Just messing around for the camera. Hope that's understood. [emoji15][emoji12] LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't give out any names. But I believe you let the cat out of the bag :)

and yes, I confirm that it was just fun stuff for the camera :)

and just having fun :)

Edited by kazu

Only once did we get the petit fours.

there were a few people at the table who really enjoyed the petits fours, so much so that they asked for more. The waiters figured out that they were still hungry (tongue in cheek) and brought a huge plate full which they devoured.

I didn't give out any names. But I believe you let the cat out of the bag :)

and yes, I confirm that it was just fun stuff for the camera :)

and just having fun :)

What a burke! I hadn't thought of that. Oops! [emoji15]

I have been buried at work plus I stayed an extra week in Vancouver and have been too busy to post. This cruise was by far the most amazing trip I have ever been on! Jacqui, thanks so much for organizing such great tours. The tour I arranged with Pilo in Hualtco was amazing. We caught 5 fish in 15 minutes, saw 3 rays in the air at the same time like dolphins, a pod of dolphins surrounded our small boat, saw even more amazing scenery than Cabo (which was gorgeous) and had a fabulous time snorkeling. If anyone goes back there, I cannot say enough good things about Pilo. I had the best wait staff and cabin stewards I have ever had, and I loved my suite.

I have a great picture of a crocodile from Nicaragua and a picture of the seals in Cabo plus a seal I saw on the edge of the harbor from 4 feet away if someone can tell me how to attach them or in the alternative, I email them to someone and they post them. I actually had a tender with myself and one other person in Cabo! Still wish I was on vacation, Stephanie

What a burke! I hadn't thought of that. Oops! [emoji15]

You can always request those posts be deleted if you want.

I have kept all the roll call members identities a secret in an effort to protect the innocent :)

that was the agreement I had with everyone. Posting pics was ok as long as the identities were not revealed :)

Not to worry, I guess. We seem to be in good company. All in due time, I expect.

I emailed the Mariner Society before my doctor appointment today. Within hours I received this reply:

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding your missing Westerdam, April 11, 2015 voyage. Due to a technical issue we are contacting our tech department to fix the error preventing your cruise from showing on your cruise history profile.

Please allow 5-business days for your Mariner Society cruise history to reflect correctly. Once your cruise has been updated we will email your new cruise history report.

You can also check your cruise history at any time by logging onto http://www.hollandamerica.com and sign into your My Account.

If you do not have a My Account please log onto http://www.hollandamerica.com, click on Register and follow the instructions. Please note if you have a Mariner number your information on your My Account must match your existing Mariner profile. Any information that is different than your Mariner number, such as using a nickname, or not completing the form completely will generate a new number and you will not be able to view your past cruise history or any future bookings.

Holland America Line thanks you for your patience. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or visit us online at http://www.hollandamerica.com. We thank you for your continued patronage!

I removed all names but it was addressed to me and signed by a member of the Mariner Society with a contact number.

I emailed the Mariner Society before my doctor appointment today. Within hours I received this reply:

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding your missing Westerdam, April 11, 2015 voyage. Due to a technical issue we are contacting our tech department to fix the error preventing your cruise from showing on your cruise history profile.

Please allow 5-business days for your Mariner Society cruise history to reflect correctly. Once your cruise has been updated we will email your new cruise history report.

You can also check your cruise history at any time by logging onto http://www.hollandamerica.com and sign into your My Account.

If you do not have a My Account please log onto http://www.hollandamerica.com, click on Register and follow the instructions. Please note if you have a Mariner number your information on your My Account must match your existing Mariner profile. Any information that is different than your Mariner number, such as using a nickname, or not completing the form completely will generate a new number and you will not be able to view your past cruise history or any future bookings.

Holland America Line thanks you for your patience. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or visit us online at http://www.hollandamerica.com. We thank you for your continued patronage!

I removed all names but it was addressed to me and signed by a member of the Mariner Society with a contact number.

I had called and was told that our sailing and one other was having a computer glitch and they hoped to have it fixed by the end of next week.

So, I guess we shall just have to wait and see - hopefully it gets addressed and sorted out quickly and correctly.

Normally, I don't care but I think there may be another star to be added and it would be nice to know for sure. Or, I missed it by that much:(

Oh how I remember that year. I was on the Ryndam and only port we made after leaving San Diego was Peurto Vallarta. :(

We were on a repositioning cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Seattle. We missed all Mexican ports. As a result we had quite a few sea days until we limped into San Diego.

there were a few people at the table who really enjoyed the petits fours, so much so that they asked for more. The waiters figured out that they were still hungry (tongue in cheek) and brought a huge plate full which they devoured.

When we first started doing the Master Chef's dinner, we used to have the dessert part and then ended with the cheese plate.

Wonder why it has been changed the last few years?

When we first started doing the Master Chef's dinner, we used to have the dessert part and then ended with the cheese plate.

Wonder why it has been changed the last few years?

The menu was actually out of order for the cheese. Go figure !

Or the PG staff knew enough to ignore the menu and serve it in the proper order?

It was a great night.

Thanks for posting this. It's not like I am going to move up a level but it is nice to know that the information is correct for when that happens. ;)

The menu was actually out of order for the cheese. Go figure !

Or the PG staff knew enough to ignore the menu and serve it in the proper order?

It was a great night.

So you got the dessert before the cheese?

On our Zuiderdam cruises, no one was impressed with the cheeses that were selected. Another couple who sat across from us has done this dinner several other times and told the cellar master that his selection of wines was not as good as they had had on other ships and the cheeses were the worst they had ever had. And we had to agree.

Do you think that HAL (Chef Rudi) should change the menu? We have had the same one for about 7 years.

Edited by Krazy Kruizers

So you got the dessert before the cheese?

On our Zuiderdam cruises, no one was impressed with the cheeses that were selected. Another couple who sat across from us has done this dinner several other times and told the cellar master that his selection of wines was not as good as they had had on other ships and the cheeses were the worst they had ever had. And we had to agree.

Do you think that HAL (Chef Rudi) should change the menu? We have had the same one for about 7 years.

ok, my memory might fail me and I might need Vict0riann, Scrapnana or Mumsy to confirm, but as I recall it we definitely go the dessert first and then the cheese and the petit fours were put on the table.

Our Cellar Master did a good job on our wines - at least I thought so. and the cheeses were perfect for the meal - at leas for me.

It would be a nice idea to see the menu changed though. I don't disagree a bit.