Held Reservation

If I put a reservation on hold tonight and the price increases before I pay for it tomorrow. Do I need to pay the price increase or do I pay today's price?

The idea of a hold is to 'hold the price' for you for 24 hours....but if the price goes down, you never complete that hold, and book it at the lower price.

That happened to us, when we booked our last cruise. It was slightly more complicated.....we were cruising on Indy starting 2/14/15 and on that day an new promotion was starting. So we put a hold on a cabin the night before departure, then headed to the Loyalty Ambassador when they opened up (at 1pm) to discuss which deal was better....the price for our cabin went down a few bucks, and we needed a smaller deposit and got an extra OBC. We however did want the cabin that we had reserved...so we released the 'hold reservation' and she picked up the cabin for us.

Unusual, for sure.

Edited by Paulette3028

The idea of a hold is to 'hold the price' for you for 24 hours....but if the price goes down, you never complete that hold, and book it at the lower price.

That happened to us, when we booked our last cruise. It was slightly more complicated.....we were cruising on Indy starting 2/14/15 and on that day an new promotion was starting. So we put a hold on a cabin the night before departure, then headed to the Loyalty Ambassador when they opened up (at 1pm) to discuss which deal was better....the price for our cabin went down a few bucks, and we needed a smaller deposit and got an extra OBC. We however did want the cabin that we had reserved...so we released the 'hold reservation' and she picked up the cabin for us.

Unusual, for sure.

Not sure it is that unusual, I plan on doing the same thing in order to get the onboard booking bonus.

What I don't understand is why a TA can hold a cabin for a week and we only get 24 hours

Not sure it is that unusual, I plan on doing the same thing in order to get the onboard booking bonus.

What I don't understand is why a TA can hold a cabin for a week and we only get 24 hours

To get the OBC it makes sense to do....we had no idea what the promo that they were starting would be like, and the LA took the best of both for us...and then we got the OBC.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if the OBC from a promo also gets "held" by the 24-hour booking process? Specifically, I held a cabin Wed, 06/17/2015, (the last day of the WOW promo) and got $200 obc. IF I pay the deposit before the Hold dies, in addition to the fare+discount, does the OBC survive as well? Do not see any mention of the OBC in the held booking today but do not remember if it was there yesterday when booking was made. Maybe RCCL OBC just does not appear in Hold webpage details ever?

In a related question, does such a RCCL-provided OBC stick with the booking IF you transfer it to a TA?

I would understand if the "fine print" in the promo denies getting the OBC if the deposit is made after the promo ends and certainly if the booking is transferred to a TA.

Anyone have any experience with this/these situation(s)? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the OBC from a promo also gets "held" by the 24-hour booking process? Specifically, I held a cabin Wed, 06/17/2015, (the last day of the WOW promo) and got $200 obc. IF I pay the deposit before the Hold dies, in addition to the fare+discount, does the OBC survive as well? Do not see any mention of the OBC in the held booking today but do not remember if it was there yesterday when booking was made. Maybe RCCL OBC just does not appear in Hold webpage details ever?

In a related question, does such a RCCL-provided OBC stick with the booking IF you transfer it to a TA?

I would understand if the "fine print" in the promo denies getting the OBC if the deposit is made after the promo ends and certainly if the booking is transferred to a TA.

Anyone have any experience with this/these situation(s)? Thanks!

Yes...the OBC stays with your booking.