LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th!

I LIVED this cruise, but when i got home I had to read your review in full! I love it!

Great job, Chris!

Miss you, my friend...until we sail again!:):)

BILL

Thanks Bill. It was great to see you and Rosie and our paths will definitely cross again

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Duh, thanks, that makes sense.:o

I don't think it could be on the Cruise Compass because everyone couldn't be in the same dining room each night. You will probably receive a notice in your stateroom telling you which restaurant and which table. We signed up for Classic Dining on the Harmony TA next year. A whole lot easier than making 53 individual reservations on Quantum.

Sorry haven't read the whole post, so this may have been clarified. On Disney ships, they mark the dining rotation on you sea pass card. So it will say something like ABCABCA where A is for dining room A and so on. Plus your servers remind you where you go the next night

Chris, do you or anyone else know if you're able to slide the empty luggage under the bed? Photos make it seem the beds are now on a solid base. Thanks

There was room underneath the bed to slide suitcases in there. I had a closet as well that had plenty or room to store 2 suitcases and I was in a studio balcony.

The regular size balcony cabins have even more storage.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the wonderful review Chris - I love following along on your cruises! Can't wait for the next review - November is a long way away ;)

Also - kudos to Emmy on her picture of you in 270 - it was fantastic! You should have that one framed!

I went on iFly again on the last sea day. I just showed up and asked if there any sessions that were not full. The session just starting only had 3 reservations so they let me join them for free.

Edited by loudbmw

What are you allowed on the internet if you are a diamond member and what changes have they made. I usually log on every day and dowload my messages to read later and send messages when connected. Will it still be possible to do this on a daily basis without having to pay extra as our diamond minutes usually covered this.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There was no 60 minute package like on other ships. Only daily plans @ $30 / day and weekly plans. I do not know the Diamond coupon value.

We had the one-device unlimited plan for our 8-day on Quantum in November. I don't remember the exact price, but I do know that the $29.95 Diamond discount was credited to the weekly package price.

Looking forward to your Regal review, Chris. We plan on a 10-day next April. We've cruised exclusively with Royal since 2011, so it will be interesting going back to Princess.

There was no 60 minute package like on other ships. Only daily plans @ $30 / day and weekly plans. I do not know the Diamond coupon value.

The value on a 7 night cruise of the coupon is $29.95 With about 5 days left in the 12 night cruise a internet deal showed up for $59.95 unlimited for 1 device for 3 days I believe.

A few friends and myself took advantage of that as the coupon for D/D+ was $59.90 and so I was able to get my second device for 5 cents for the duration of the cruise.:D:)

Edited by emmy

I, too, have enjoyed your review and blame you for making me take the splurge on a 9-day Bermuda/Caribbean trip in October 2016 on the Anthem. I have NEVER sailed on a new ship with all the bells and whistles and seeing your posts everyday just made me bite the bullet and do it!

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

I have family in CT but they don't like to drive into the city - if I end up flying, is Newark the closest/best airport to fly into? How much was the fare from the port to the airport?

Also, if you had to pick an interior room on Deck 7, would you take one of the 3 at the back of the ship (I'm worried about noise from 270 here) or all the way forward (worried about motion)?

Edited by erby2283

I have family in CT but they don't like to drive into the city - if I end up flying, is Newark the closest/best airport to fly into? How much was the fare from the port to the airport?

Also, if you had to pick an interior room on Deck 7, would you take one of the 3 at the back of the ship (I'm worried about noise from 270 here) or all the way forward (worried about motion)?

Newark is the best option in my opinion as far at the flight. I am not sure what the fare is to the port because I came in a couple of days early and stayed in Staten Island. If you take an interior room on deck 7 I would still opt for the aft, Shows do not take place every night in 270 and only one night did it go up to midnight.

I, too, have enjoyed your review and blame you for making me take the splurge on a 9-day Bermuda/Caribbean trip in October 2016 on the Anthem. I have NEVER sailed on a new ship with all the bells and whistles and seeing your posts everyday just made me bite the bullet and do it!

My wife and I flew into Newark for the April 12 sailing. We opted for the bus transfer, it cost us $57 for both of us. We also had an inside cabin on the 7 desk. Cabin 7533. It is located forward and we did not notice much movement, except for the last day. When we went through a storm. I was in 270 that day and I think the whole boat was rocking.

Hi Chris,

Finally got through the entire live review, it was great reliving this fantastic cruise. It was our pleasure to meet you & share lots of laughs with you & all the great people we met on this cruise.

Thanks so much for your beautiful pictures & comments about QOS, it really was a beautiful ship. Frank & I hope we will cruise with you again somewhere in the future.

Barbara

My wife and I flew into Newark for the April 12 sailing. We opted for the bus transfer, it cost us $57 for both of us. We also had an inside cabin on the 7 desk. Cabin 7533. It is located forward and we did not notice much movement, except for the last day. When we went through a storm. I was in 270 that day and I think the whole boat was rocking.

Thank you for the reply....and thanks to Bugsy for his reply too!

Enjoyed your report so much! My husband and I were on the New Years cruise which was horrible. iPads do not replace human beings in the dining rooms!!

Were back on in February and, although there was a bit of improvement in the restaurants because they had added staff, I cannot say the dining experiences were terrific!! Although Bayonne is only 50 minutes from our home I am not sure I can take an Anthem cruise. Just got off a B2B on Oasis and those cruises were sooooo much better than the Quantum cruises! I felt we were in an experiment on Quantum!!! Don't want to be a "lab rat"!!!

Hi Chris, I finally finished reading your review. You did a great job capturing the Quantum and I enjoyed re-living the cruise thru your eyes. It was great meeting you - maybe catch you on another one soon. Until then, keep on cruising!

Patty