Baggage on SUmmit

goagain

We did this 2 weeks ago in San Juan. Meet on Deck 3 - Off the ship at 7am (Deck 1)

Took longer for the celebrity person to sign the customs form than it did to get through customs

Hi,

Does anyone know on the Summit for are we allowed to carry off our bags when we return to disembark? That would be instead of putting them out the night before.

Thanks

Absolutely. You will receive disembarkation forms in your stateroom. Let them know that you prefer to self-disembark. You must be able to carry off all luggage without assistance (including using the stairs, as the elevators can get quite crowded). Also, you will need to disembark within the prescribed timeframe.

When you opt for the self-disembarkation, you've got the advantage of being one of the first off the ship; since our cruises have been me driving to and from the port, there's some advantage here. However, you're in a crowd that's ALSO waiting to rush off the ship. Versus having breakfast in the Oceanview and waltzing off with just carry-ons, you have to wait in a lounge with just coffee and drag you luggage with you. For us, it's generally worth it as we want to get on the road to home and flip back to "non-vacation" mode. :(

I've talked to folks who milk their last day for the last possible minute before they leave the ship. For us, a couple of extra hours isn't probably worth it. However, we WILL board as early as we can.

We'll probably opt for the self- option in June on the Summit, allowing real life to re-intrude, sadly.

Just a note about decks for disembarkation. It depends on the port.

If there is any way you can avoid self disembarkation I would recommend it if you cannot handle your all of luggage and carry ons on stairs. There is no way anyone can predict this but it is a distinct possibility.

We have done it before and will not do so again. As more and more take advantage of this option the more chaotic it gets. Getting an elevator on board will not be easy and the stairs are crowded particularly in areas near the restaurants and disembarkation staging areas.

Good luck and happy cruising.

Hi,

Does anyone know on the Summit for are we allowed to carry off our bags when we return to disembark? That would be instead of putting them out the night before.

Thanks

Are you prepared to carry ALL of your stuff and I mean all of it perhaps up stairs whilst being buffeted and pushed by people who think that they can carry their stuff but find out that they can not. I would only do this if I had very little stuff.

DON

Heads up. Walk off is allowed for US Citizens only. We requested it on our cruise this year. They still provided tags and a note saying it was for Americans only.

As we travel with only airline carry on, we didn't put our luggage out and just walked off at the time allotted to us (which was pretty early anyway).

We have done walk-off with every other cruise we have done and this was the first time there was mention of citizenship.

Leaving the ship a bit later made for a huge line up once in the terminal.:mad: