Fragrance brands?

mattp420

What brands do they offer onboard? I love to buy a new bottle at the start of my vacation and wear it throughout so when I get home that smell reminds of my trip. Does Carnival carry Chanel, Dior, Hermes, etc? I just can't remember from my last cruise. Thanks!

They carry all of the major brands that I can think of. I've only been on the Magic and the Breeze, but both ships had a very large selection. DH and I don't pack cologne or perfume on a cruise because we love trying out all of the different options! Then we go back and buy our favorites.

I love your idea. Light Blue always reminds me of cruising now. :)

I love your idea. Light Blue always reminds me of cruising now. :)

Light Blue reminds me of a land based trip to Negril...love that scent!

I've found that I have a really intense scent memory...I love having smells that remind me of places - or people - that I can "visit" in my bathroom. I have an old bottle of Guerlain Vetiver cologne that is basically my grandpa in a bottle. I can't remember his voice anymore but that smell brings me right back to childhood curled up in his arms. Don't know if I'll ever be able to use that bottle up.

What brands do they offer onboard? I love to buy a new bottle at the start of my vacation and wear it throughout so when I get home that smell reminds of my trip. Does Carnival carry Chanel, Dior, Hermes, etc? I just can't remember from my last cruise. Thanks!

It varies. I bought a bottle of Chanel Mademoiselle right around when it first came out on a Carnival ship. My mother first bought Armani Code, which is now her favorite, but I didn't see it on our most recent cruise. It probably changes every once in a while, but overall they are good brands.

They have the old standbys like Chanel No 5 and Mademoiselle, Dior and some newer scents.

They'll price match. DD found a scent she liked onboard and they prices matched it to the onshore price. We took a picture in port.

Edited by SadieN

I sure miss the Nordstrom perfume special evenings they had in Portland.

Love reading these ideas and I don't wear it heavily or much but like to have a little always...

I am wearing both my mom's that I gave her as per her request running out last time I drew her name...as well as others over the years...but would love a current up to date sniff and try...love the idea of changing every night and really knowing. There is a seriously fabulous one and only Perfume around the world shop In Portland, Oregon...they seriously have more in one spot than you can possibly imagine and those in the know come form all over the country....old stile old building and the guy used to make every woman feel like a complete goddess...LOL...

I never thought I would like the old White Shoulders but now...I noticed sis and i both wear it for feeling mom. And her young lady one she still wore I really enjoy is L'air du temps Nina Ricci...

My favorites are Channel 19 and that old standby from the 70s..lol..Opium...love that though strong..great new cruise idea...

Sarah

Love new ones too and love how nothing is the quite the same on any one person and it varries what is good on somebody...is ...sometimes awful on another.

Edited by sjn911

I never thought I would like the old White Shoulders but now...I noticed sis and i both wear it for feeling mom.

That's the way I felt about Vetiver - too old mannish. Now I cherish the scent. Especially the old bottle I have...the new version just doesn't smell the same.

Thanks everyone - sounds like the selection is similar to Sephora or Macy's so I should be able to find a good one. My current favs are Terre d'Hermes and Bleu de Chanel but I'm needing something new.

One brand my wife has been unable to find on cruise ships is Cartier. Always have to pick it up at an airport Duty Free, or on shore, and even that is sometimes hard to do.

Edited by dioxide45

One brand my wife has been unable to find on cruise ships is Cartier. Always have to pick it up at an airport Duty Free, or on shore, and even that is sometimes hard to do.[/quote

That is a lovely and often more exclusive brand..she has great taste...

Someone told me the most expensive one to make in the wold is Joy by Jean Patou..it combines more scents than any other..so the true perfume is very high...now this was quite a few years ago...but just checked online and .5 oz of the real perfume is $350.00 at Bloomingdales...:eek:.

One brand my wife has been unable to find on cruise ships is Cartier. Always have to pick it up at an airport Duty Free, or on shore, and even that is sometimes hard to do.[/quote

That is a lovely and often more exclusive brand..she has great taste...

Someone told me the most expensive one to make in the wold is Joy by Jean Patou..it combines more scents than any other..so the true perfume is very high...now this was quite a few years ago...but just checked online and .5 oz of the real perfume is $350.00 at Bloomingdales...:eek:.

Cartier you can get in port. But you can also get it online here in the states when they have sales much cheaper at perfumania.com often they will do a BOGO deal. I used to try and get deals on cruises, but this site does way better deals that you can get on cruises. Cartier is my favorite and I have sought it out everywhere. I know for a fact you can get it in Grand Cayman.

Right now that site isn't offering any deals on Cartier but keep looking, they often offer them. Don't pay full price on that site.

Now what I am looking for is Carvel Le Parfum. Nope can't find it anywhere...

Fragrancenet.com has some good discounts as well and they have a pretty good selection of Cartier as well. I've ordered several Creeds from them and been satisfied they were authentic. Saved a lot over buying at Nordstrom for sure.