Anchorage to Seward transportation options

treesah

We'll be dropping off our rental car in Anchorage and would like to know what options we have to travel to Seward for a late cruise departure. I understand there is a train, several bus options and possibly a shuttle bus? We prefer not to take the cruise line's transportation since it involves a lot of waiting and wasting time and dragging our luggage around. It would be on a Monday.

Any brilliant ideas out there?

I have always booked the cruise line transfers whenever we fly somewhere to take a cruise.

In 2012 I booked the cruise line bus transfers for my wife and I for our Southbound cruise on Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas. We had about a one hour wait and took the opportunity to get a quick bite to eat at the airport food court before we got on the bus.

The ride down to Seward was comfortable. The scenery was beautiful. Our friendly bus driver was like a tour guide with bits of interesting information during the entire ride.

It was the same when we reached Vancouver on debarkation day. A short wait for all going on the bus to gather, then we were on our way to the airport.