Elevator noise

veruca1130

Please help! I am considering upgrading from a balcony cabin to a suite, but the suites available are either forward (I'm hesitant due to motion sickness, although I never cruise without the patch) or across from the elevators. In general is near the elevators usually a noisy area by nature?

What deck are you on? What time do you usually go to bed? I think it all depends on personality too, are you a light sleeper? I think it will be fine as most rooms have a somewhat of a wall corridor between them and the elevator bank. I think the main pet peeve of people on ships is other people slamming doors compared to elevator noise.

I've been on two spirit class ships (the only ships I've been on) and the elevator banks always seemed to be quiet areas. Of course your going to have your loud, busy times... Embarkation, right after docking at port, right before back on board time, debarkation, basically anytime a majority of people need to get somewhere quickly.

Deck 7. We usually go to bed between 11-12, but do enjoy napping in the afternoon. I just realized the cabin I'm already booked in is next to a cabin that accomodates 4, so I may get noise from there!

Deck 7 on typically all ships of Carnival (I believe) has cabins below and above it so that limits your noise. If cabins are the only thing on that deck then the majority of people have no reason to stop on that deck unless their room is located here and or they're just exploring...

I think you should be fine with afternoon naps as most people are on lido or in port, go ahead and upgrade to the suite! :D

We pick our cabins on purpose to be near/behind the elevators! There's no noise and it is very convenient!

Same thing here.

I don't mind walking all over the ship to get from place to place but for some reason I dislike walking down the hallways.

Plus it's easier to find your room if you've had a couple of drinks;)

We always book near the mid-ship elevators. Very convenient and never had a problem with noise. Our friend tries to book a cabin where there are no cabins directly across the hall, less activity therefore less hallway noise right in front of his door.

Our first cruise we booked as far from the elevators as we could, and then got the upgrade call to a room that was right at the midship elevators. We ended up loving it. It was quiet, finding our room was super easy, and if we wanted food from Lido- it was a quick up and down with no winding the halls

When we cruised with our son the first time, we purposely booked a room right at the forward elevators. We had a toddler at the time, so we liked the convenience of the elevator for our stroller, and again- our room was easy to find. We didn't notice any noise, and we spent a LOT of time in the cabin.

The next cruise we have booked a cabin beside the midship elevators again. We really like that location.

That being said- just because you have a cabin for 4 next door, you aren't necessarily going to have a lot of noise. I know we spend less time in the cabin when there are more than two of us. Its just too cramped.

I just got back from our cruise and we were directly across from the elevators and did not hear any noise whatsoever. The elevators (on the Dream) are in their own area, so they do not open to the hallways with the rooms. Being next to the elevators is actually very convenient and I will try to book near them from now on.