Starclipper alcohol policy

wendyh777

I do not see an option for a beverage package but I do see the option to purchase bottle of wine which seem very reasonable but I cannot find anything about bring you own bottle of wine champagne etc...can someone share the policy.

The wine list, while not extensive, is much more than adequate and we always find a good bottle to accompany our meals. The prices are in Euro and are very reasonable. We usually take our own wine with us when we cruise "Big Ships" and pay corkage. It's my understanding that SC doesn't offer a corkage program.

The SC wine list is quite reasonable. You can purchase a bottle and they will keep it at the bar and, once they get to know you (1 day), start pouring for you as soon as you sit down at the bar :D You can also have more than one bottle open and available :cool:

Robbie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Too bad we cannot take wine aboard. One of our usual cruise pleasures is at our various ports of call to buy local wine, or other local, that we cannot get at home and enjoy on board. Our first Star Clipper cruise will be embarking after a week on Provence where we will definitely be visiting a few fabulous wineries. Just will have to let our purchases be seized and stored to be enjoyed on a few post cruise days.

Too bad we cannot take wine aboard. One of our usual cruise pleasures is at our various ports of call to buy local wine, or other local, that we cannot get at home and enjoy on board. Our first Star Clipper cruise will be embarking after a week on Provence where we will definitely be visiting a few fabulous wineries. Just will have to let our purchases be seized and stored to be enjoyed on a few post cruise days.

On our Star Clipper cruise nobody searched our bag to see if you brought wine on board. Even if they did, all cruise lines return the alcohol to you at the end of the cruise.

We'll just see what happens then but will only buy a couple of bottles of wine in Cote du Rhône pre-cruise as don't want to be with more wine than days in Nice.

Finally get to visit famous 'local' wineries and maybe should have planned better. Will be hard to buy just a bottle or two. Our liquor laws are so restrictive it is crazy expensive to bring more than two bottles into the country. They have the same mindset as many cruise lines I think

Would have been happy to pay corkage but no such option it seems. Oh well, I'm sure we will enjoy the on-board house wine just an opportunity missed.

Edited by AweighToSea