Royal Caribbean sailer considering the Breeze

missemo12345

Hello,

My last 5 sailings have been on Royal we have always loved each cruise no complaints. Prior we sailed Carnival and enjoyed our cruises as well , we did sail with our teenager kids whom have since grown so just the 2 of us now. We are considering the Breeze next year looking to change up the ports since we have repeated the Royal ports. We are looking at a 5 night Grand Turks & Amber Cove ( DR ) could anyone please share your thoughts as to the ship ( lay out, condition) & ports and possibly what differences we may experience between the change in cruise lines. We are Gold level with Carnival ( 28 points ) so what would be updated with the point system? Thank you so much for taking the time to read and share your thoughts.

Edited by missemo12345

Breeze is currently Carnival's newest ship and when we sailed her she was in great shape. She has a lot to offer: Waterworks, Thrill Theater, ropes course, an assortment of bars, and a more toned down decor than most Carnival ships. She's my favorite ship to date. As far as ports, I have not been to Amber Cove but I love Grand Turk. Its a good beach day. There is a Margaritaville right off the pier, free loungers on the beach, and if you walk left off the pier and go down the beach a ways there is Jack's Shack. They have good jerk chicken and drinks.

Hope this helps!

Hello! Carnival Breeze was our first Carnival cruise (2013), precisely because the ship was "similar" to what we are used in Royal caribbean and we only can cruise once a year so we decide to try the new one.We loved the ship, the decor...missed the promenade, but loved other things specially the parties, the pizza and the burguers (OMG the guys burguers!!!). Fortunately we are not the kind of cruisers that only cruise in one cruise line...we have favourites :D but fortunately we gave carnival a try, specially the beautifull Breeze...it was fantastic!