Ideas for Announcing New Baby on Cruise

Dad2B

Congrats mom and dad 2 be! Love all the ideas, but what about talking to the cruise director, and make sure they film the "announcement". Then on the last night they usually show the video, and then you can purchase a copy for themto keep.

Best wishes

sherri and jay

I just have to say that you Cruise Critics are SO creative. I'm not pregnant, have no plans to be pregnant (kids are 6 & 9) but oh how fun to plan something like this! I loved all the ideas and even thought how fun it would be to be pregnant and plan a surprise. (Then reality came back to me and I'll let Dad2Be and Mom2Be let us know how it goes! Good luck!)

(I MAY even have to order "nothing" for dessert and see what happens....we've never tried that with so many yummy things to sample!!;) )

FWCruiser, watch out--our kids were 18,15 & 12 when I had to figure out a novel way to announce our "bonus baby" to my folks! I had my youngest sister call my mom and say "guess who's pregnant?" Of course they thought it was her and were shocked to find out it was me. She went on to have her own bonus baby...so I got the last laugh:D But we never got to plan the announcement for a cruise...maybe next time:rolleyes:

Mom and Dad2B--Maybe you could do a different announcement every night and use all these great ideas (or save some for the next babies;) ) Congrats! And be sure to let us know what you finally do and how they react.

Hi everybody. What a fun and busy thread this has turned out to be.

Well, we're finally back from the Grandeur Cruise with Rita! I didn't want to say much in case anyone from our Roll Call saw this thread. I even created a this new screen name. Some of you may know me as Purple_Sunday.

But enough babbling, it's time to share our great story!!!

As some of you know, we left a day late thanks to Ophelia. So the big announcement ended up being on Saturday at dinner. A couple hours before dinner I stopped by the dining room. They had a desk outside the room answering questions, dealing with changes, etc. I asked them about doing a "dessert surprise" as Apprgrad suggested. They said no problem, it would be taken care of. At dinner that night, I whispered to our waiter asking if he got my request and I pointed out Grandma & Grandpa 2B. He gave me the thumbs up. Then our head waiter stopped by to introduce himself. He told us to enjoy our dinner and any surprises that might come up and gave me a wink. I was a little disappointed that he might've blown my cover, but in the longrun my parents said they didn't even notice. Finally, the big moment arrived. Our waiter brought the cake to the waiter station right beside our table and called over for the head waiter to bring it over. My parents saw him light a candle and figured there must be a birthday behind us. The head waiter then came behind my parents and announced "Congratulations Grandma & Grandpa" and put the plate in front of them. As you can see the pictures are priceless!! My mom practically attacked Mom2B. ;)

25423fd4.jpg

93a705f9.jpg

73263acd.jpg

Thanks again for all the great ideas and wishes. My parents said they couldn't imagine a better way for us to give them the news and we'll never forget it.

who was a magician from Romania & would do magic tricks serving dinner. We were tablemates with elderly couple (85& 79) to our 55. Her & I could never make up our minds on desert so he'd do a buffet of every desert on our table & all 4 of us had a ball!

Same thing for my DD on the Celebrity Millennium. It's funny the first time it happens. Another night DD said that she could decide and told the waiter to pick for her. He ended up bringing out one of everything they offered. The whole scene was hysterically funny! :D The desserts just kept coming as they were being served by all the waiters in the dining room. All the other passengers were watching our table as well. :eek:

and I need some Kleenex, Puffs, whatever is soft as I am crying ahppy tears for you & momma2be who looks very cute here also. Grand dad's faces in both are priceless & you gotta love Grandma & her surprise look. GREAT PHOTOS for the baby book! And what a great job the waiter did - PERFECT!

Now how long til we all are aunts & uncles from all over the world.

and I was, at the next table. :p You could hear Grandma Purp scream all over the balcony, and maybe downstairs too! What a surprise they pulled off. They had these stupid grins on their faces alllll week. :D What a way to go. Ya got em good, Dad 2 B. ;) Way to go. I'm sure this will be a family story told for generations to come. What a way to start your very first cruise, as if that alone was not special enough. Congrats to all the Purps, and those yet to come. :D

Wow, what a great story :)

I am so happy that things went as planned.

We once suprised my mom and dad on a cruise. It was their first RCCL cruise and we decided at the last minute to hop on a plane and join them. We hid until dinner. We had our TA link the reservations so we were seated together. My mom was soooo shocked when I tapped her shoulder and said " Excuse me mam are these seats taken?" Priceless....here are pics.....

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/sovereign_of_the-1/dsc00132.html

Congrats, Dad2Be. Glad it all worked out well. Pics are priceless.

Enjoy your new bundle! My DD is 14 months, and she's so much fun, we've got another on the way! The second is easier to announce. Put an "I'm the big sister/brother" t-shirt on the youngest and see how long it takes people to notice...

Have fun, and don't stop travelling. In 14 mos. DD has been to Orlando, New Orleans (pre-hurricanes, obviously) and Chicago twice... She's going to Bermuda with us this November too! I think you've got to get travelling in their blood early...

Good luck to you and Mom2BE for a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery.

Looking for some help with a surprise for my upcoming cruise...

We're going on a cruise with my parents soon, and we just found out we're pregnant. This will be my parents' first grandchild. We're trying to figure out how to give them the news on the cruise.

We were thinking about getting a baby frame, writing up an announcement to put in it, and asking their cabin steward to let us/have him or her put it in their room. But then we don't get to see their reaction.

I suppose we could have them over to our room and do something there. But I'm sure there's a great idea out there we just haven't thought of.

Any suggestions??

We surprised my parents with the news too. We enlisted the cruise director for help. He had us appear on the not-so-newlywed game and said to follow his lead. We did not know the question but the bonus question was....Have you noticed any changes in your wife over the past month? I said she was eating more than normal. Got alot of ooooos on that one. When my wife came out, she dropped the news that she was pregnant. It was great fun and for the next two days, everyone who had seen the replays on the tv congratulated us. They all thought I didn't know either.

Michael

Archived