T-shirts on kids in MDR?

bangzoom6877

On the Breakaway, could my sons wear t-shirts to the Manhattan a Room MDR for dinner, provided that they're nice t-shirts? For example, a solid or a striped t-shirt with khaki or dark denim shorts? Trying to figure out of we will need to pack polo shirts for them, and trying to pack as little as possible. Also, for Cagney's do they need to wear something like a polo, and do they need pants in there? They have khaki pants if necessary. Not a big deal to have them change after the kids club closes at 5 since we will have half an hour before dinner, but like I said, just trying not to over pack. They're 10 and 8 when we sail, if that helps. Thanks!

Yes, t-shirts are fine.

From NCL website:

CRUISE CASUAL

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men.

SMART CASUAL

Dress smart casual in our more formal dining room or in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes.

A FEW CONSIDERATIONS

Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. However, tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

I believe on most ships "upscale" specialty restaurants include Le Bistro and maybe Ocean Blue. Not 100% sure if Cagney's is included, but I don't believe so.

Edited by Mistizoom

Every girls crazy for a sharp dressed man

*Living large one week at a time*

At 8 and 10 they may not want the attention of girls just yet...although dressing nicely young may help build that habit for later.

Mom saw one of the deckhands from tender in Belize yesterday and noted, told me, that his pants were nearly falling off showing most of his undies...see some pax like that going to MDR as well...last cruise not this week.

OP as long as they are dressed in clothes and have other than flip flops they will be just fine. I saw shorts and t-shirts in Mama's Italian Kitchen the other night on adults no less.

My boys love dressing up. It is also very important to DH and me that our boys learn to dress well in general. My big one was 18 months old on his first cruise and we put him in a tux! On our next cruise, he was 6 and his brother was 4. We bought them tuxedos and dress shoes and they were so excited to wear them. They kept asking me and DH when they get to wear them and we kept saying "on the cruise". When we woke them up on our sail date, I had already laid out their outfits for boarding (button down Hawaiiam shirts and khaki shorts of course!), and they were all confused when we told them to get dressed. They asked where their tuxedos were and I told them that they were packed in the garment bag for the second night of the cruise. They were so upset...they thought they would get to wear them for embarkation and for the entire cruise! :)

I can't stand the sagging pants look. I think it is so disrespectful, and I'm sure no one wants to look at people's underwear. No way my sons would ever get away with that under my watch!

For breakfast and lunch, shorts and t's are fine everywhere on the ship. For dinner the largest MDR and Le Bistro do not allow shorts. No restriction on shirts.

Kids can wear shorts to the large MDR and Le Bistro for dinner.

Edited by mnventure
Any restaurant.