Why do you bring food?

KatieBug28

I now travel almost exclusively within Australia, or places I can cruise to and from from Australia, we have been pulled up a number of times because my wifey has had a Banana in her bag the day before.

Those cute little puppies sit down next to you and then it's "What's in the bag".

Thanks to CC when we flew into New Zealand I knew that if we brought anything in we better declare it. My brother had beef jerky for the kids to eat on the plane. He told them when he landed that he did. Those cute little doggies kept coming over and sitting beside him. Thankfully he told them or their might have been h*ll to pa. Others were wondering why they kept coming up and no one seemed to care.

"Drop that sandwich and cheerios box. You're under arrest."

Please!

Found this on the Princess website posted by another member:

Originally Posted by capriccio viewpost.gif

Stick with snacks that are in their original packaging (boxed cereals, wrapped granola bars, etc. would be okay), not food from the buffet because Alaska (and Canada) have strict rules on taking food off the ship. On our 2012 cruise this notice appeared in every Patter on port days and was mentioned in the the announcement over the PA at every port:

Agricultural Notice: The U.S. and Canadian Agricultural Departments remind you that heavy fines can be imposed for bringing any fruit, vegetables, flowers, plants, meats or diary products into our ports of call.

On the Disembarkation Sheet (for Whittier) the content was slightly different:

US DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE RESTRICTIONS: It is illegal to take fruits, plants, meats or dairy ashore, on the spot fines will be enforced.

Adding to everyone else's comments.... if you spent any time in a hotel before the cruise and bought snacks and drinks, we bring those on board instead of leaving the stash at the hotel.

I always leave these in the room, along with a tip and a note for the housekeeper.

A great fish sandwich! Yummm!:D You're making me hungry.:p

A "must-do" on our upcoming Bermuda cruise, is a trip to "Art Mel's Spicy-Dicy" in St. George. I have been told that their fish sandwich, with slaw -- on raisin bread, no less -- is the best in Bermuda! :cool:

We are avid tea drinkers and were disappointed to find that HAL had changed from Bigelow teas to a brand we found had little flavour. So we made a point to purchase a good selection at a large shoreside grocery store to last the rest of a lengthy cruise. Best onboard tea is always the "spice" version served at afternoon Indonesian tea.