Steakhouse gratuity

Cher222

Have never eaten at the steakhouse and I'm platinum, I think it's time. Planning to try it embarkation day 4/26 on Liberty. What do you usually leave for a gratuity??? :confused Thanks for the help

You'll have a great meal, enjoy. The gratuity is included in the upcharge, but there is nothing stopping you from adding on or leaving it as is at the end of the meal. Entirely your choice. I usually add a bit more as the service is generally worth acknowledging.

gratuity is generally included but if the service is stellar (in all our cruises, only once has it not been), we tack on an additional $10 or so.

I think you will love it! I know we do. Go on the first night and you get a free bottle of (moderately cheap) wine!

The gratuity is included in the service charge of $35.00. We had exceptional service from the host and waitstaff during our experience there, and gave an extra gratuity. For our large party, we left 25% of the tab, or a little less than $10.00 pp, which we felt the staff more than deserved for their outstanding service.

Edited by sjcruiser

Gratuity is included in the $35 fee, but you are welcome to add more if you'd like. We usually do give a bit more because the service has always been excellent. It's completely at your discretion.

Steakhouse waiters are usually the most highly rated in the entire crew. On the best ships they make an effort to know your name before you sit down. You have to be really good to make it up from the MDR to the Steakhouse because the Steakhouse is where the extra tips pile on.

We tipped the steakhouse at $7.50 per person last cruise. Would do that again unless service was ugly.

I have never heard that the tip is included in the up charge. Also never seen that written anywhere. Only on here by people that probably don't know what they are talking about.

fyi

https://secure.carnival.com/Activities/Controls/SteakhouseRequest?icid=CC_Hyperlink_7

*Please note: Steakhouses are only available on Conquest-class, Spirit-class, Splendor-class and Dream-class ships. Please refer to Carnival.com to see if your ship has a steakhouse onboard. Requested dates and times will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis. If requested time is full, the next available time slot will be assigned. Dress Code is Cruise Elegant. Jeans allowed on Cruise Casual evenings. The $35 fee includes an appetizer, entrée, dessert and the wait staff's gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The reservation fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water. By popular request, all dining rooms are smoke-free. Please allow 2 1/2 hours for dining experience.
Edited by rudechuck

Thanks so much everyone! I didn't know if they had any gratuity in the upcharge so it's nice to know that there is. I was thinking 25.00, but there are 4 of us. I'll see how the service is and go from there! Really looking forward to it!:D Thanks!

Thanks so much everyone! I didn't know if they had any gratuity in the upcharge so it's nice to know that there is. I was thinking 25.00, but there are 4 of us. I'll see how the service is and go from there! Really looking forward to it!:D Thanks!

That would be fine. It is up to you.

Also, if you have any drinks or wine, there will be the standard 15% gratuity automatically added on that charge.

I have never heard that the tip is included in the up charge. Also never seen that written anywhere. Only on here by people that probably don't know what they are talking about.

It's written on everything where the dining experience is explained.

My wife and I tipped and additional $20.00 last week on the Conquest. I'm sure my sister and husband did the same, so our server made out well at our table. But well worth it.

If I can get that meal in the MDR for $20, with a tip a little more that $2, the tip in the Steakhouse is $15. I never find I'm getting 7 times better service there than from my MDR servers.

If I can get that meal in the MDR for $20, with a tip a little more that $2, the tip in the Steakhouse is $15. I never find I'm getting 7 times better service there than from my MDR servers.

You can't. You can get a limited selection of the entrees for $20 in the MDR but not the meal or the ambiance or the service.