Need a quiet place in Skagway with WIFI for an online class

irishgal432

I'm not sure what she needs to do, but unless it is some type of asynchronous chat the best thing to do is just do her work on the ship. I teach online during the summer and find that I have no problem working on the ship. It is too much effort to find places ashore to do the work.

If on the ship..... I would be looking at cellular options like ATT. You'll likely find speed and savings compared to ship wifi.

How much data does she need?

Edited by xlxo

Here is what I found on www.cruiseportinsider.com

Internet Terminals

• The Skagway Public Library has been a stalwart provider of internet access to cruise ship passengers for years. Alas, their facility is being remodeled to expand its offerings. During construction, the library is temporarily housed in the Skagway School Library, located at 15th and Main. It's open weekdays from 3:30 pm to 8:00 pm; Saturdays from 1:00 to 5:00; and it's closed on Sundays. Phone: (907) 983-2665
  • Seaman's Center (aka Ports of Call), which caters to the crews of the Cruise Ships, is located at 375 2nd Ave. It offers internet terminals along with money transfers, international food, calling cards and phone services. This place is often crowded with crews.

Wi-Fi Access

• The Skagway Bazaar, located at 6th and Broadway, offers Wi-Fi connectivity at the building's courtyard. The building also houses a few jewelry stores, a bakery and a great rib place. Nothing like ribs with your data.

Skagway Internet Access Map

Mapicon.png

To see the locations of Skagway's Internet Cafes/Wi-Fi locations, see our Skagway Internet Access Map.

Cellular Phone & Data Services

Verizon.jpgCell service: Verizon's CDMA service provides extended digital coverage to Skagway and the surrounding areas.

Data services: Verizon offers extended 3G coverage to Skagway and the surrounding areas.

See details on Verizon's cell and data services coverage in Skagway.

attt.jpgCell service: AT&T's GSM service covers Skagway and much of the surrounding areas.

Data services: AT&T offers 4G service covering Skagway and much of the surrounding areas.

See details on AT&T's cell and data services coverage in Skagway.

Sprint.jpgCell service: Sprint's CDMA service in Skagway is provided through off-network roaming.

Data services: Sprint offers service in Skagway and the surrounding areas through off-network roaming.

See details on Sprint's cell and data services coverage in Skagway.

tmobile.jpgCell service: T-Mobile's GSM service in Skagway is provided through a service partner.

Data services: T-Mobile offers 2G service in Skagway; there's no access for laptop sticks, tablets, etc.

See details on T-Mobile's cell and data services coverage in Skagway.