San Juan, distance from pier to airport

cforge

Hi

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place but here goes...

Cruise on the Jewel booked for next January. I'm trying to find flights. Coming back there are flights that leave at 9:45 a.m. Wondering how far is it to the airport from the pier and is it easy to get a taxi? Can I request that on the ship during the cruise? It's been over 10 years since I've cruised out of San Juan and I can't remember how far it is. We did a day tour last time as our flight was early evening. I don't think we'll do that this time.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Hi

Cruise on the Jewel booked for next January. I'm trying to find flights. Coming back there are flights that leave at 9:45 a.m. Wondering how far is it to the airport from the pier and is it easy to get a taxi? Can I request that on the ship during the cruise? It's been over 10 years since I've cruised out of San Juan and I can't remember how far it is. We did a day tour last time as our flight was early evening. I don't think we'll do that this time.

Thanks in advance.

The airport is a 15 - 20 minute drive from the port.

Still, a 9:45am flight is too early for my stress level. You can make it, but you have very little margin for delay.

I've seen lines at the Delta checkin/baggage drop of an hour or more, plus an hour at security. And you need to have your luggage scanned at the agricultural scanners before you can even get into the checkin line. Sometimes only one machine is running and you have to go to a different terminal. If you have to take a flight this early stay in a hotel and do it the next day.

My flight is at 1245. So if I am off by 9am. I should have no problem I am guessing. I am flying Delta on the way home from San Juan

Edited by trev71

My flight is at 1245. So if I am off by 9am. I should have no problem I am guessing. I am flying Delta on the way home from San Juan

I would not have a problem with a 12:45pm flight. However, I would make sure you get early enough luggage tags to get off by 9am.

Hi

Thanks in advance.

We are on Adventure right now. The airport is only about 30 minutes away. You might want to take the ship's transfers. The folks who arrived by cab had to stand in a line triple the size of those who only had their carry-ons. The ship handled all the bags for us and even let the non-priority folks use the "red line" to get inside the terminal.

Cabs are plentiful from what I understand but I think the ship's service is great and you don't have to figure out what to do to hail a cab.

I would not have a problem with a 12:45pm flight. However, I would make sure you get early enough luggage tags to get off by 9am.

Awesome that is what I will do then. I know when we did the online check in they asked what time our flight leaves so if they give me a crappy time that's after 9. I will just go to front desk and get a better time.

Also on board Adventure right now. We had a rental minivan. I dropped four of our six off at the pier with the bags and took the van back to the airport. I drove to the airport, dropped off the van and caught a taxi back to the pier and the whole trip took 46 mins and $23 for the taxi. That being said, 9:45 flight is way too early. Far too much is out of your control to make that flight happen.

Just off Jewel about a month ago.

Airport to Ship there was a line of about 20-30 cabs at the airport, walked up and got right into the first cab. (We landed about noon). Traffic was a little backed up but we were at the ship in about 30 mins.

Off the ship there was a line of hundreds of cabs, again no wait, just walked up and got in the first one, ride back to the airport was about 20 mins.

By no means saying my experience is typical just relaying it. I think we were scheduled to be off the ship at 9 and ended up being at the airport at 10. If you were walk off or first group you would probably make it for 945 but as stated earlier why stress yourself unless its the "only" flight that works for you.